Windows 10: my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also...

Discus and support my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also audio bugges out when a frame skip happens. this was after i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eiko_frendly, Oct 27, 2019.

1. my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also...

my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also audio bugges out when a frame skip happens.

this was after i reinstalled windows 10 (before there was no problems).

it happens in game, YouTube, and even my animated background from wallpaper engine.

discord: samantha#1433 if u have any questions

:)

Eiko_frendly, Oct 27, 2019

2. Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 - Frame Problems

Hi,

Having an outdated drivers is one of the commons reasons why you're having frame drops after the update. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly verify the following:

• Are you experiencing the issue with all of your games?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected games?

In the meantime, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Switch off Game DVR.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Click the switch below Record in the background while I'm playing a game so that it turns Off.

Step 2: Disable Game bar

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game bar.
    • Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns Off.

Step 3: Manually update graphics card drivers. We understand that you already updated your drivers. However, it would be best if you uninstall and reinstall the drivers or manually update it. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Win key + X hotkey.
    • Select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.
    • Now click Display adapters on the Device Manager window.
    • Right-click the listed graphics card to open the context menu, and select the Update driver option.
    • Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option on the Update Drivers window.

If Windows finds anything, follow the further guidelines to install the driver; and then restart Windows.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 27, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Naveen_M Win User

my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also...

Crackdown 3 frame skipping windows 10

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the game doesn't work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

2. Is this issue game specific?

3. Does this issue occur when you play solo?

4. Are you able to play other games without any skipping and stuttering?

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Game Mode prevents Windows Update from performing driver installations and sending restart notification. Game Mode also helps achieve a more stable frame rate depending on the specific game and system. Refer this article on

Use Game Mode while gaming on your PC
    to turn on Game Mode. Check if the issue persists in Game Mode.

I'd also suggest you to refer this article on
    Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10
    under the Troubleshooting video or display problems section.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also...

1. my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also... - Similar Threads - skips frames every

2. Desktop repeatedly restarts every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop repeatedly restarts every 2 seconds: I just reset my laptop and reinstalled the OS win11 pro insider. After the introductory interchange, after logging on the desktop keeps restarting itself, i.e., blanks screen, redraws the background, paints the two icons recycle bin and ms edge, then the toolbar appears. A...
  3. Desktop repeatedly restarts every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop repeatedly restarts every 2 seconds: I just reset my laptop and reinstalled the OS win11 pro insider. After the introductory interchange, after logging on the desktop keeps restarting itself, i.e., blanks screen, redraws the background, paints the two icons recycle bin and ms edge, then the toolbar appears. A...
  4. PC skipping frames sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC skipping frames sometimes: Sometimes my mouse/monitor/drivers skipping frames, I have no idea why it is happeningSetup:Ryzen 7 5700xRtx 4070ti Asrock 550m pro se ddr4 ram xpg 3600 ghz, running without xmp profile on standat settings, but the same thing happened with it on....
  5. PC skipping frames sometimes

PC skipping frames sometimes: Sometimes my mouse/monitor/drivers skipping frames, I have no idea why it is happeningSetup:Ryzen 7 5700xRtx 4070ti Asrock 550m pro se ddr4 ram xpg 3600 ghz, running without xmp profile on standat settings, but the same thing happened with it on....
  6. PC skipping frames sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  8. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  9. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also: Hello, I've noticed that when playing fullscreen video games my computer will randomly begin lagging about every 2 seconds and freezes the video and audio for about a second. This can happen when I first start up my game or it can happen an hour into playing, it seems to be...