Windows 10: My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.

Discus and support My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a few days ago I unplugged my blue yeti, plugged in my phone and then removed it and plugged my blue yeti back in. I got the little audio red cross... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dragon_COhibbs, Nov 25, 2020.

1. My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.

So a few days ago I unplugged my blue yeti, plugged in my phone and then removed it and plugged my blue yeti back in. I got the little audio red cross and then couldn't hear anything so I went to "Services" and saw that "Windows Audio" was not running, I tried to restart it but it told me that the I did not have access which was strange so I went into properties and changed it to "Local Systems account" and it started running but still no audio although the little red cross was gone. I ran a trouble shooting scan and it said "audio service not responding" so I looked up how to fix that. I tried uninstalling the drives, didn't work. I tried restart "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder", still no sound. I tried a CMD command to scan and fix things but still no sound. I am rather concerned that my sound card is broken or something worse. Please if you can I would love some help to try and fix this, I want my audio back.

Edit: It also says that it "Failed to play test tone" when I tried to fix it that way.

:)

Dragon_COhibbs, Nov 25, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back. :p

cadaveca, Nov 25, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.

1. My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back. - Similar Threads - sound has completely

2. why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?: I have started an open university course, they said I needed Microsoft 365 & I duly set it up, the problem I have is my original office word excel etc will now not work. HELP PLEASE...
  3. why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?: I have started an open university course, they said I needed Microsoft 365 & I duly set it up, the problem I have is my original office word excel etc will now not work. HELP PLEASE...
  4. camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?: The camera has stopped working all of a sudden for no apparent reason. Error code 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptureFailedEvent 0x80004005. Can you help to get it back?...
  5. camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?

camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?: The camera has stopped working all of a sudden for no apparent reason. Error code 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptureFailedEvent 0x80004005. Can you help to get it back?...
  6. Is there a way to fix this issue? Or have i completely ruined my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to fix this issue? Or have i completely ruined my pc?: So a while ago I was getting notifications that 'Your device has reached the end of its service. Please update to yada yada'I had two updates, a software & a 'your device is missing important security & quality fixes' every time I pressed 'check for updates' it does it, goes...
  7. Is there a way to fix this issue? Or have i completely ruined my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix this issue? Or have i completely ruined my pc?: So a while ago I was getting notifications that 'Your device has reached the end of its service. Please update to yada yada'I had two updates, a software & a 'your device is missing important security & quality fixes' every time I pressed 'check for updates' it does it, goes...
  8. Is there a way to fix this issue? Or have i completely ruined my pc?

9. WMP has been completely erased from my PC and I need to get it back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WMP has been completely erased from my PC and I need to get it back.: My g/f was having trouble with WMP and she uninstalled it to do a reinstall in an effort to fix the problem. The problem now is she used Revo Uninstaller to do it so not only did it uninstall WMP but it did a deep scan and deleted all folders and registry enteries also....
  10. Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas?: I purchased 3 lcd monitors. I unplugged the PC, existing monitor, external speakers w/ sub. I then installed the 3 new monitors and replaced the speakers and pluggen in the PC. Now sound wont work in neither headset and attached mic or the external speakers. I have went over...