Windows 10: My PC starts after pressing any of keys

Discus and support My PC starts after pressing any of keys in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As the title speaks for itself, my PC on Windows 10 gets started by pressing any keys while I am completely sure that my PC is not into Sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mcnoma, Jan 24, 2019.

1. mcnoma Win User

My PC starts after pressing any of keys

As the title speaks for itself, my PC on Windows 10 gets started by pressing any keys while I am completely sure that my PC is not into Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I also think that the issue is not related to my ASUS motherboard since I reset it into factory defaults. I think that this has happened after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10!

:)

mcnoma, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Aksh_47 Win User

PC starts by pressing any key!

Okay guys ive got a weird prob, my PC starts if i press ANY key on the keyboard!
    I observed this started happening after i recently installed windows 8 PRO.. and yes, i do shut it down and not put it to sleep. Everything else works fine, ive got no other prob at all with Win 8. And yes, it doesn't start with mouse clicks.

Its quite irritating at times, when im study or doin some other thing on my desk and i accidentally hit a key, and there, it starts up!

Although its good that i dont have to reach to the power button everything, i dont like this, any solution to fix it?

Aksh_47, Dec 16, 2019
  3. PC starts by pressing any key!

There is a setting on the BIOS that lets you turn on your PC with a press of a key.

Similar to this Power Management Settings - BIOS for Beginners | Tom's Hardware

wait.. you don't have a main switch on the PC? like an Automatic Voltage Regulator??? If you don't want to turn it on accidently just shut down the main switches or unplug the main cord

lyndonguitar, Dec 16, 2019
  4. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My PC starts after pressing any of keys - Similar Threads - starts pressing keys

2. PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY: My PC is shutting down after pressing windows keys need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-shutdown-after-pressing-windows-key/0b279cd8-1e8f-4d65-8658-1f5c98a41c2a
  3. PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY: My PC is shutting down after pressing windows keys need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-shutdown-after-pressing-windows-key/0b279cd8-1e8f-4d65-8658-1f5c98a41c2a
  4. PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pointer suddenly sometimes stops working and again starts working after pressing any key...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pointer suddenly sometimes stops working and again starts working after pressing any key...: My lenovo laptop ideapad 300 15ISK with windows 10 was working fine . But before some months my laptop had two problems . "1" key of my keyboard near the escape button went wrong . I first noticed it that when i turn on my laptop then in the password field was spammed with...
  6. When i press my arrow keys my PC starts lagging

When i press my arrow keys my PC starts lagging: Hey, Recently ive noticed when i press my arrow keys that my pc becomes slow and starts lagging. Ive tried looking throughout the internet and didnt find anything useful. Ive tried nearly everything i can think of. I plugged out and in the keyboard, uninstalled the driver,...
  7. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...
  8. Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue": Split from this thread. Hi Nathan, Just had a breakthrough. I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com which was If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following: In the Windows search...
  9. Desktop PC powers up on any key press - even after power unplugged

Desktop PC powers up on any key press - even after power unplugged: I was visiting an elderly friend's yesterday evening and while there was doing some health checks on his PC. I found a most unusual issue. Having powered down the PC, I happened to press a keyboard key and suddenly realised the PC was booting up. After checking I found...
  10. PC restarts if I press any key on the keyboard even after shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restarts if I press any key on the keyboard even after shut down.: My PC shut down properly. Every thing in the PC i.e processor fan and other stopped. But even then if I press any key on my key board, my PC again restarts. 83985