Windows 10: My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything

Discus and support My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC for the past year had been waking itself up on a normal basis. It's doing it on a schedule where it wakes at 6:30 AM Monday through Friday. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aadamos808, Aug 21, 2020.

1. My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything

My PC for the past year had been waking itself up on a normal basis. It's doing it on a schedule where it wakes at 6:30 AM Monday through Friday. This was a previous work computer so that might explain the wake timer.

I've tried everything to disable this, task scheduler, wake timers, etc. I even tried to look for the wake source and it is unknown. Please help this is very frustrating and I don't know what to do at this point.

submitted by /u/aadamos808
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aadamos808, Aug 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Valantar Win User
    Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything ;)

Valantar, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Steamer Win User

My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything

Disable screen wake from notifications ?

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it but Quiet Hours does not stop the screen from waking. I also had all notifications disabled for a while, which does stop the screen from waking, but this obv makes me miss notifications while I'm actively on the PC.

Any other ideas?

Steamer, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything

1. My PC still wakes itself up after i've tried to disable everything - Similar Threads - still wakes itself

2. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  3. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  4. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  5. I've tried everything but I still bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've tried everything but I still bluescreen: I've been getting countless bluescreens, from the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error to the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR I've updated EVERY driver possible, reseated my gpu, and also checked my cpu to see if there's anything wrong with that. I've tried running a bunch of different...
  6. Can't disable the laptop keyboard, and I've tried EVERYTHING.

Can't disable the laptop keyboard, and I've tried EVERYTHING.: My laptop keyboard has gone nuts. The forward slash key is somehow stuck, but only starts typing randomly. And it only stops if I press the ~ key. If I press the N key, it makes the '/' key stuck again. And half of the keys don't work. Funny thing is, when I try pressing the...
  7. PC slow after bsod and crashes I've tried everything and It's still slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow after bsod and crashes I've tried everything and It's still slow: this happened a month ago, I was testing a game and I opened the task manager to go to services as soon as it opened, my pc crashed with a buzzing noise and blue horizontal lines across the screen, I was able to close my pc by holding the power button for 5 seconds, and when...
  8. PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?: My PC has been randomly waking itself from sleep for at least the last month. It's really annoying and I have no clue why it's doing it. There are never any signs of updates or any reason it would've needed to wake. There's also no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it'll wake...
  9. PC keeps waking up by itself

PC keeps waking up by itself: Hi guys, i have a problem with every installation of windows 10 i have. I prefer to use sleep or hibernation mode on my PC at night, but it randomly turn on in the middle of the night. What i already did: Disabled allow waketimers in power options. Used PStools to uncheck...
  10. Have tried literally everything, PC still wakes up from sleep instantly

Have tried literally everything, PC still wakes up from sleep instantly: HP Spectre x360 13' Kaby Lake i7, running Windows 10 1909. Absolutely no matter what I do, it always wakes from sleep mode. The amount of fixes and threads I've read in order to get it not to wake from sleep on it's own is insane. Open to suggestions in general (even if it's...