Windows 10: My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again

Discus and support My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week and a half ago I got my notebook repaired after backups were accidentally deleted. It also got its operating system updated to Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cielo_920, May 23, 2020.

1. Cielo_920 Win User

My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again

About a week and a half ago I got my notebook repaired after backups were accidentally deleted. It also got its operating system updated to Windows 10, since originally it had Windows 7 but some years after buying it, it had problems with build 7600/7601 'this copy of Windows is not genuine'. Also, the technician said that the hard disk and the battery must be changed I don't remember exactly why, but I think because of the age, since the notebook it's 10 years old, but he also said that the hard disk could go on functioning for at least another year. Anyway, this is not the main problem, I'm just giving some context if it can help to find a fitting solution.

During this week and a half, my notebook functioned perfectly, like new, and without any problem. Anyway, yesterday I was using it normally while suddenly appeared 'Locking...' on the screen and then almost immediately it turned off. All the LED's or status indicators turned off also, and although this sounds obvious, I remark this because I was charging it while using it. I tried to turn it on again but nothing happened, it didn't turn on, except that the power indicator LED started blinking in orange, exactly five times, and it did so after each time I pressed the power button. This sudden 'lock' happened while I was playing a videogame, which was installed a few days ago from a rar file from MediaFire, but Windows Defender didn't find any problem so I though that everything was OK with it, and the game hasn't shown any problems except for 2 or 3 crashes to desktop, not a big deal. I'm still very confused because I don't know why this happened, not knowing if it happened because of a hidden trojan or another virus in this game, because of an operating system crash, a hard disk crash, a problem with the battery or maybe due to another problem.

I don't know what to do, so please, somebody help me...

:)

Cielo_920, May 23, 2020
  2. ProPlayer Win User

PC suddenly turning off

nah, it's not that, there are no crash reports at all... The pc just turns off suddenly with no blue screen nor anything else, it just restarts point blank *Frown My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again :(

ProPlayer, May 23, 2020
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again [​IMG]

My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, May 23, 2020
  4. tuunade98 Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

I turned it off i'll report back if problem still persists. Do you guys have any other ideas as well, just in case this doesn't work..

EDIT: sorry for double post

tuunade98, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again - Similar Threads - suddenly blocked itself

2. I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again: If anyone can help! Thank you! My PC started up and then it turned off and on again. This happened twice so far in like the span of 3 days. This hasn't happened before. These are all the warnings and events that happened during that time:Windows failed fast startup with error...
  3. I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again: If anyone can help! Thank you! My PC started up and then it turned off and on again. This happened twice so far in like the span of 3 days. This hasn't happened before. These are all the warnings and events that happened during that time:Windows failed fast startup with error...
  4. I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer turn off suddenly and turn on when i am working on it by itself

computer turn off suddenly and turn on when i am working on it by itself: hello previously the computer shut down and turn on with an error like that in the picture it happened when i was putting it on sleep mode and worked on it for days without shutting down and it shuts down every now and then but these days it keeps doing it even when i am...
  6. computer turn off suddenly and turn on when i am working on it by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer turn off suddenly and turn on when i am working on it by itself: hello previously the computer shut down and turn on with an error like that in the picture it happened when i was putting it on sleep mode and worked on it for days without shutting down and it shuts down every now and then but these days it keeps doing it even when i am...
  7. computer turn off suddenly and turn on when i am working on it by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Pc turning itself on at ~3am, again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc turning itself on at ~3am, again: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/__mx____2004 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3w1n1/pc_turning_itself_on_at_3am_again/
  9. Sculpt mouse is turning itself off.... again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt mouse is turning itself off.... again: The Microsoft Sculpt Mouse has started turning itself off... again. There was an community answer dated Oct 2018, but those fixes do not work. It is interesting the keyboard and number keypad remains fully functional. I have deleted and reinstalled Microsoft Mouse and...
  10. My notebook suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again

My notebook suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again: About a week and a half ago I got my notebook repaired after backups were accidentally deleted. It also got its operating system updated to Windows 10, since originally it had Windows 7 but some years after buying it, it had problems with build 7600/7601 'this copy of Windows...