Windows 10: My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

Discus and support My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From several weeks my PC (surface book 2 + windows 10) takes minutes to get internet access after booting, even if it's connected to the wi-fi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FabrizioTronchin, Feb 13, 2019.

1. My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

From several weeks my PC (surface book 2 + windows 10) takes minutes to get internet access after booting, even if it's connected to the wi-fi immediately (the message "no internet access" is shown). After 1 or 2 minutes magically internet appears. It's frustrating that windows takes 10 second to start but minutes to connect!!! I also tried to change DNS settings using Google's IP....but still not working...

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

:)

FabrizioTronchin, Feb 13, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 13, 2019
  4. My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

1. My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting - Similar Threads - takes minutes internet

2. After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...: Hi Microsoft Team,I have this issue, on my Windows 11 DesktopI have a weird connectionWhen the PC boots up, the network says it's identifying the network for a long time, after it "fake established" the connection I can only use chrome browser to access the Internet. ping...
  3. After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...: Hi Microsoft Team,I have this issue, on my Windows 11 DesktopI have a weird connectionWhen the PC boots up, the network says it's identifying the network for a long time, after it "fake established" the connection I can only use chrome browser to access the Internet. ping...
  4. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop: Hi,I see other people have uploaded Windows Performance Analyzer files here. I have a file that need analysing as I can't make sense of it.On boot:Session Init takes 103sWinlogon Init takes 251sI put the settings as per this website JustPaste.it to get the file for analysis.I...
  5. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop: Hi,I see other people have uploaded Windows Performance Analyzer files here. I have a file that need analysing as I can't make sense of it.On boot:Session Init takes 103sWinlogon Init takes 251sI put the settings as per this website JustPaste.it to get the file for analysis.I...
  6. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting my computer takes 1 minute: My computer booting takes 1 minute after i fixed the black screen. I used bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd and bcdboot e:\windows / ko-KR /s e:\windows /f all to fix the black screen which is happen after i logon to user After I fixed black screen, it started to boot...
  8. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

Booting my computer takes 1 minute: My computer booting takes 1 minute after i fixed the black screen. I used bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd and bcdboot e:\windows / ko-KR /s e:\windows /f all to fix the black screen which is happen after i logon to user After I fixed black screen, it started to boot...
  9. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

10. Pc takes 7-8 minute to boot up

Pc takes 7-8 minute to boot up: I started getting this after I restarted my pc 4 times because the data wouldnt save and now I have to wait 7-8 min everytime I want to do something on it. The window update messed up my computer ive been dealing with this for almost 4 month....