Windows 10: my PC today unexpectedly Restarted by itself for the first time

Discus and support my PC today unexpectedly Restarted by itself for the first time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since 4 years all Temps are Normal and it's a Clean install of windows only 2 weeks old i have Windows 10 64bit i7 6700k Intel Cpu z170x gigabyte... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yafatana, Dec 10, 2020.

1. yafatana Win User

my PC today unexpectedly Restarted by itself for the first time

Since 4 years
    all Temps are Normal and it's a Clean install of windows only 2 weeks old
    i have Windows 10 64bit
    i7 6700k Intel Cpu
    z170x gigabyte motherboard
    16 gb of ram
    4 WD Black Hard drives for storage
    and Samsung 970 evo plus 500 gb for Windows 10
    i only have 6 or 7 of the important Softwares Installed on my System

i checked my hard drives with Crystal disk info all Normal

can i know the reason my windows 10 Restarted unexpectedly from Event Viewer ?
    i check event viewer and it said 1 not clean shutdown

:)

yafatana, Dec 10, 2020

2. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Your PC ran into a problem and needs restarting

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Would you be able to capture an image or a screenshot of the complete error message that your getting?
    • Were there any software or application you've recently installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 10, 2020
  4. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. my PC today unexpectedly Restarted by itself for the first time - Similar Threads - today unexpectedly Restarted

2. My PC randomly restarts by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts by itself: Hello , since 5 or 6 days my computer randomly restarts and i can't do anything about it. Here are my specs : I5 9600K , 16Gb RAM , RTX2060SI checked all of the drivers and they are all good , my Windows is always updated.I looked at the reliability monitor and noticed...
  3. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  4. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  5. Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards: I bought a laptop that had FreeDOS and installed Windows 11 on it. I activated it and everything seemed to be fine.While doing some light workloads browsing the web the laptop's screen suddenly went black, after about 5-10 seconds, it seemed to have restarted since my web...
  6. Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards: I bought a laptop that had FreeDOS and installed Windows 11 on it. I activated it and everything seemed to be fine.While doing some light workloads browsing the web the laptop's screen suddenly went black, after about 5-10 seconds, it seemed to have restarted since my web...
  7. My Pc restarts Itself Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc restarts Itself Randomly: Happens when gaming mostly, and there's no BSOD. Just Resets itself like pushing the reset button. Reinstalled the chipset and gpu drivers, tested RAM's and they're fine, Psu is new, but it was doing it with old psu too so it might not the problem i guess.My Specs Are AMD...
  8. PC restarts itself

PC restarts itself: I bought a new Lenovo laptop and installed some softwares on it like Autocad, 3D Max and Photoshop plus to Microsoft office. when I'm trying to make file save as,the PC shows me a blue screen and start itself as attached Could you help me with this problem whether it...
  9. PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart

PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart: I recently installed the last windows update. Now my pc wipes itself every time I restart or shut down my computer. What could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wipes-itself-every-time-i-restart/8b2b467b-5c5c-4e79-af2a-89dff935f002
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...