Windows 10: My PC turned off while there was a Windows 10 reset (keeping files, deleting programs and...

Discus and support My PC turned off while there was a Windows 10 reset (keeping files, deleting programs and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This happened to me a few days ago... my PC was malfunctioning ( I suspect is a PSU issue) so I decided to try reseting Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Davld117, Jan 20, 2020.

1. My PC turned off while there was a Windows 10 reset (keeping files, deleting programs and...

Hi everyone,

This happened to me a few days ago... my PC was malfunctioning ( I suspect is a PSU issue) so I decided to try reseting Windows. Unfortunately, my PC shut down out of nowhere during the process. Now I don't have Windows.

My question is... is there a way to continue with the process using another PC with the Windows wizard? I should I install Windows on another clean drive ?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Davld117
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Davld117, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2020
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. Pranav_P Win User

My PC turned off while there was a Windows 10 reset (keeping files, deleting programs and...

How to reset pc without losing files Windows 10

I wanted to reset my computer as it was running slow but i didnt want to lose my data i read that files kept on pc desktop wont be deleted if you use keep my files option so i tried resetting but then the pop up gave me a list of files saying “Your apps
    will be deleted, have to be reinstalled. This is a list of programs that will be saved on the desktop that can be viewed later” i didnt understand what it meant the list contained files i wanted to keep on the computer. Are those files going to be deleted?
    Or Saved?

Pranav_P, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

My PC turned off while there was a Windows 10 reset (keeping files, deleting programs and...

1. My PC turned off while there was a Windows 10 reset (keeping files, deleting programs and... - Similar Threads - turned off while

2. Turned off pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off pc while resetting: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help* Changed to a question...
  3. Turned off pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned off pc while resetting: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help* Changed to a question...
  4. Turned of pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned of pc while resetting: I accidentally turned of my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help...
  5. Laptop turned off while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off while resetting: I found my old laptop and wanted to do fabric reset, but it ran out of battery at 32% and now it's stuck in infinite loop of restarting saying that it's preparing to automatic repair, then diagnosing, then restarts and it goes again. There is no chance it will work. I can not...
  6. Laptop turned off while resetting

Laptop turned off while resetting: I found my old laptop and wanted to do fabric reset, but it ran out of battery at 32% and now it's stuck in infinite loop of restarting saying that it's preparing to automatic repair, then diagnosing, then restarts and it goes again. There is no chance it will work. I can not...
  7. Will resetting my pc while keeping my files delete other personal folders on the root of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will resetting my pc while keeping my files delete other personal folders on the root of...: I know that nothing in the C:/Users/ folder will be touched but what if I have something like C:/PhotosBackup, will that folder be deleted?...
  8. Will resetting my pc while keeping my files delete other personal folders on the root of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting my pc while keeping my files delete other personal folders on the root of...: I know that nothing in the C:/Users/ folder will be touched but what if I have something like C:/PhotosBackup, will that folder be deleted?...
  9. Will resetting my pc while keeping my files delete other personal folders on the root of...

10. Turned PC off during reset while it was installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turned PC off during reset while it was installing Windows 10.: I reset my Computer and while it was going through the process of a reset my dog managed to unplug the power to the computer, when I have tried to turn the PC back on it displays a message stating"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...