Windows 10: My PC turns on by itself during the night

Discus and support My PC turns on by itself during the night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MilutinMiljanić, Feb 12, 2020.

1. My PC turns on by itself during the night

I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated.

In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of Wake on LAN at least I think so as suggested on other threads, but it still turns on. It's most probably network related, for last two nights I've put it on hibernation and unplugged the network cable and it didn't turn on.

I think this started with 1909 update, but I couldn't be 100% certain, I didn't use hibernation much until a month ago.

Any ideas?

Specs:
    CPU: AMD Athlon X2 340
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: ASUS R5 230 series

:)

MilutinMiljanić, Feb 12, 2020

2. Night Mode

Hi David,

Additional information will give us a clarity to your concern. We would like to know if you are referring to Night Light. If yes, follow these steps to turn off the Night Light:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Make sure that you are on Display tab, and then toggle the
      Night Light
      option to Off.
    • Click on Night light settings.
    • Click on Turn off now button.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 12, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

My PC turns on by itself during the night

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

My PC turns on by itself during the night

1. My PC turns on by itself during the night - Similar Threads - turns itself during

2. My PC turns on by itself during the night SOLVED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns on by itself during the night SOLVED: I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of...
  3. Desktop powers on by itself every night

Desktop powers on by itself every night: Every evening I SHUTDOWN, I do not sleep or hibernate. The next morning the computer is on. The system logs shows the power on happening at 12am everytime. I have tried all other solutions I can find but nothing works. I have checked or set the following and it still happens....
  4. Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  5. Night Light will not turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...
  7. Windows 10 Night Light just turned itself on for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Night Light just turned itself on for no reason: Hello all: This is more of a solution rather than asking a question. I just turned on my PC today and the monitor brightness was dull and whites were dimmed right down to yellowy. No amount of monitor settings changed it and I checked Power settings and Auto Dimming was...
  8. Monitor turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on by itself: Ever since I installed Win10 the monitor has been turning on by itself between 3 and 5 am every night, or 3 minutes after login after a reboot if it is off at the time. Except on days immediately after a noticeable win10 patch. It is turned off physically, not by the system....
  9. PC turning itself on from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turning itself on from hibernation: My pc has recently decided to start turning itself on in the middle of the night, while its supposed to be hibernating (I'm not sure yet if it is also affected during a normal shut-down). I also haven't managed to lock down the exact time (if there is one) that this happens....
  10. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...