Windows 10: My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

Discus and support My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Henlo_Friend [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Henlo_Friend, Nov 16, 2020.

1. My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

/u/Henlo_Friend, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode***

Consultboy, Nov 16, 2020
  4. mkhl100 Win User

My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.

Thanks for replying.

On the list you provided, I have at this point done options 1 and 7.

7 as I read it being a certainty to fix this.

However the problem still continues.

Wakes immediately after sleep.

Thanks.

Mike.

mkhl100, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

1. My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep - Similar Threads - wakes immediately getting

2. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  3. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  4. My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep: My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep. I have done all the settings but it is still waking up immediately on its own. I've unchecked network adapter power management. Please, help me out. I want my pc to always remain in sleep mode until I...
  5. My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep: My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep. I have done all the settings but it is still waking up immediately on its own. I've unchecked network adapter power management. Please, help me out. I want my pc to always remain in sleep mode until I...
  6. My windows 10 pc wakes up on it own immediately after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up: I've got an Asus ROG laptop with an R7 5800H and 3060 mobile. I can't seem to be able to put the device into sleep mode regardless of sleep being manually triggered, and auto sleep at 10 minutes. When I attempt to put it to sleep, the screen just wakes up a few seconds later....
  8. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  9. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  10. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...