Windows 10: My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in...

Discus and support My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has 2 user accounts, one for me and one for my husband. Mine has the administrator rights. Prior to this issue occurring I was logged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anna Wellicome, Mar 23, 2023.

1. My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in...

My computer has 2 user accounts, one for me and one for my husband. Mine has the administrator rights. Prior to this issue occurring I was logged into a microsoft account I use for one of my contracts that allows access into their workspace. I left the PC to have lunch and when I returned the PC was asking for a password to log back in rather than a PIN. No sign in option box was there to switch it back to PIN. I don’t recall setting up a password for this computer, but if I did, it was more than 5 years ago and none of the ones that I have tried, have worked. I tried the passwords associated

:)

Anna Wellicome, Mar 23, 2023

2. My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in rather than the PIN it is set up to use. I don’t have the option to switch sign in option

My computer has 2 user accounts, one for me and one for my husband. Mine has the administrator rights. Prior to this issue occurring I was logged into a microsoft account I use for one of my contracts that allows access into their workspace. I left the PC to have lunch and when I returned the PC was asking for a password to log back in rather than a PIN. No sign in option box was there to switch it back to PIN. I don’t recall setting up a password for this computer, but if I did, it was more than 5 years ago and none of the ones that I have tried, have worked. I tried the passwords associated with both microsoft accounts and some others. Help!

Anna Wellicome, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Sleep issues?

I'm on OS Build 22000.434 of Win11, and have PC sleep issues. Here's the experience.

1. I'm working on my laptop. I step away for lunch.
    2. Laptop attempts to go to 'sleep'.
    3. When I come back, the screen is black. The 'red light' next to laptop camera is on and flickering, the FAN on the laptop is on full crank, and the laptop doesn't respond to any inputs. Moving the mouse, clicking, tapping the touch screen, typing on the keyboard. No response.
    4. The only step left for me is to do a hard shut down by long pressing the power button.
    This is just an observation if it helps, but it seems to happen more when I have apps left running on the desktop. (but who shuts down all their apps before stepping away from the PC to do something... like eat lunch?)

Anyone experience this? Is there a solution for this? Thanks!

Gakooligans, Mar 24, 2023
  4. My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in...

PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in...

1. My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in... - Similar Threads - sleep whilst lunch

2. I had the screen replaced on my laptop. When I try to log in it is asking for the recovery...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I had the screen replaced on my laptop. When I try to log in it is asking for the recovery...: I had the screen replaced on my laptop. When I try to log in it is asking for the recovery key to reset it. I don't know what MS account I used for it. The screen shows the drive label....
  3. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...: I used the Microsoft Update Assistant to update my computer. Now that it has completed the update, when I try to log in, it asks for a user name and password. It also displays “Other User” as the profile name. How do I find my user name and is the password the same one I...
  4. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...: I used the Microsoft Update Assistant to update my computer. Now that it has completed the update, when I try to log in, it asks for a user name and password. It also displays “Other User” as the profile name. How do I find my user name and is the password the same one I...
  5. I updated my PC and now it is asking for a username and password when it originally asked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC when to sleep whilst I had lunch and is now asking for a password to log back in...: My computer has 2 user accounts, one for me and one for my husband. Mine has the administrator rights. Prior to this issue occurring I was logged into a microsoft account I use for one of my contracts that allows access into their workspace. I left the PC to have lunch and...
  7. Win 8.1. I used a Pin to log in to my PC but now its asking for a Password, Cant log in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8.1. I used a Pin to log in to my PC but now its asking for a Password, Cant log in...: Hi, Can some help please?When I configured my PCLaptop on setup I decided to use the option to enter a PIN to log into my profile.The power went off due to loadshedding so I closed my screen to set it to sleep. Once I switched it back on again it asked me to enter a Password...
  8. Win 8.1. I used a Pin to log in to my PC but now its asking for a Password, Cant log in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8.1. I used a Pin to log in to my PC but now its asking for a Password, Cant log in...: Hi, Can some help please?When I configured my PCLaptop on setup I decided to use the option to enter a PIN to log into my profile.The power went off due to loadshedding so I closed my screen to set it to sleep. Once I switched it back on again it asked me to enter a Password...
  9. Can't Log in when it asks second password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Log in when it asks second password: I can log into my microsoft account easy enough on my browser, however, when I attempt to log in to my MS account on Windows 10, the system asks me for my password a second time, this happens regardless of whether I attempt a log in via password or Authenticator App. When the...
  10. Now asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...