Windows 10: My PC will keep shutting off randomly

Discus and support My PC will keep shutting off randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built my PC during the summer and it just keeps hsutting down randomly. I tried going to event viewer but as soon as I click on it to open, it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadow_3710, Dec 21, 2020.

1. My PC will keep shutting off randomly

I built my PC during the summer and it just keeps hsutting down randomly. I tried going to event viewer but as soon as I click on it to open, it just restarts. Even when I try to reset it, it restarts again. I have tried doing a clean install with a usb drive.

Anyone faced similar issues or have any tips on what to try to fix the issue?

submitted by /u/shadow_3710
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadow_3710, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Louie_101 Win User

My PC shuts off randomly

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your pc shutting off by itself randomly. I would highly suggest you to check this link and follow the steps provided by Greg Carmack to fix this issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this information helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Dec 21, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

My PC will keep shutting off randomly

PC randomly shuts down.

Ones pointed out on PSU voltage seem a bit low, temps on System seem o.k.. Did not go down to the Graphics card. When this shuts down randomly it never restarts right away or does it do it while using the PC ?

My PC will keep shutting off randomly [​IMG]

jds63, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

My PC will keep shutting off randomly

1. My PC will keep shutting off randomly - Similar Threads - keep shutting off

2. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  3. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  4. PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.: Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is having a good new year thus far. Ive been having some issues with my pc for the past couple months but having been putting off for a while but I have some time today. I'd like to say it began after I moved to my new place. But Ill start up the...
  5. PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.: Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is having a good new year thus far. Ive been having some issues with my pc for the past couple months but having been putting off for a while but I have some time today. I'd like to say it began after I moved to my new place. But Ill start up the...
  6. PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.

7. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  8. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  9. My PC shuts off randomly

My PC shuts off randomly: Hello, Since last month, my PC would only display a black screen after being inactive for some time, and not wake up. I did not pay much heed to this problem as I seldom leave it on sleep mode or inactive. On the few occasions that I did so I had to directly unplug it and...
  10. PC keeps randomly shutting off

PC keeps randomly shutting off: I recently built my brother a new computer and everything is working fine except for one major problem: The PC randomly freezes and reboots, and when booted from sleep/hibernate state is completely frozen Specs: CPU - 2700x GPU - RX 5700 MOBO - ASUSTek B450-M RAM - 32GB...