Windows 10: My PC will NOT allow me to turn off double-tap on my touchpad. The option doesn't exist!

Discus and support My PC will NOT allow me to turn off double-tap on my touchpad. The option doesn't exist! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well, call me a sucker, I guess. I recently bought this new PC and wanted to establish control of my mouse. FYI: I hate double-tapping. I hate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davidudeh, Mar 11, 2020.

1. davidudeh Win User

My PC will NOT allow me to turn off double-tap on my touchpad. The option doesn't exist!

Well, call me a sucker, I guess. I recently bought this new PC and wanted to establish control of my mouse. FYI: I hate double-tapping. I hate unintentionally opening or closing apps because of this. Well, I tried to turn off the double tap option on my mouse, and lo and behold, I can't. The Mouse/Touchpad properties didn't display that option. Somehow, Microsoft isforcing me to accept using my mouse in a way I don't like. How on earth do I turn this off when this option is blocked from me?

And no, don't regurgitate answers from 2017, 2016. And don't recite to me outdated processes. This is 2020. I need a solution. Now.

:)

davidudeh, Mar 11, 2020

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Mar 11, 2020
  3. touchpad doesn 't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Try below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.

Method 2: If issue persists try to un-install and install latest Disk drives driver and check if it helps. To uninstall driver follow below steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Tap or click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Update Driver, and then follow the instructions
    Download latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Mar 11, 2020
  4. aces103 Win User

My PC will NOT allow me to turn off double-tap on my touchpad. The option doesn't exist!

How to disable double tap on touchpad

After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature.

Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to.

Before the update is was very easy to do.

Please can someone show me how to turn off touch pad double tap.

aces103, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC will NOT allow me to turn off double-tap on my touchpad. The option doesn't exist! - Similar Threads - allow turn off

2. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  3. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  4. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  5. Touchpad double tap issue...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad double tap issue...: I have acer aspire 3 a315-33-c89l it's touchpad supports 5+ fingers tap but after a update it supporting only one finger tap. When i tried to change setiings, setting only shows sensitivity of touchpad...[ATTACH] Before it shows many gestures and settings...i tried to...
  6. Please help me turn off "Taps" on my touchpad! Win 10

Please help me turn off "Taps" on my touchpad! Win 10: Hi I am having some hardware issues. My touchpad is super sensitive and repeatedly snaps to the last place I clicked/ hovered, causing me to type over/ into what I've already typed, and even opening windows and tabs at random sometimes when I'm not even touching the machine...
  7. turning off tapping on touchpad

turning off tapping on touchpad: After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping. Can anyone come up with anything? Thanks very much....
  8. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  9. Double Tap

Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  10. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...