Windows 10: My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...

Discus and support My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC wrongly filed an "Antivirus Definition Update" in the "Other Updates" section on 30th January 2019. Since then if I try to search for available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinWest1, Feb 2, 2019.

1. My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...

My PC wrongly filed an "Antivirus Definition Update" in the "Other Updates" section on 30th January 2019. Since then if I try to search for available updates I receive the message "Error encountered. We couldn't connect to the update service". Can I do anything or is this a problem which is known to Microsoft and I should wait for the problem to be resolved. Thankyou.

:)

MartinWest1, Feb 2, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Feb 2, 2019
  4. My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...

1. My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We... - Similar Threads - connect update service

2. Error encountered in update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error encountered in update: My Windows 10 HP laptop encountered error when trying to update 0x80080005. I run troubleshooter says it fixed something and I need to restart the computer to ensure everything is okay. I restart and install the updates again but getting the exact result....
  3. Error encountered in update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error encountered in update: My Windows 10 HP laptop encountered error when trying to update 0x80080005. I run troubleshooter says it fixed something and I need to restart the computer to ensure everything is okay. I restart and install the updates again but getting the exact result....
  4. Error encountered in update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 update error encountered: we couldn't connect to the update service

Windows 10 update error encountered: we couldn't connect to the update service: I am stuck in Windows 10 with:I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter which finds everything fine except under Detection where it advises to search NET HELPMSG 2182:I have not found any useful instructions typing this message into Google.I have updated Windows to the...
  6. Windows Update -> Error encountered -> We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try...

Windows Update -> Error encountered -> We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try...: My PCs are experiencing this error after receiving the Windows 1809 update. The PC were updated since: 1. PC #1 = 20 Jan 2019 2. PC #3 = 20 Jan 2019 3. PC #2 = 28 Jan 2019 The PCs are protected by Bidefender Total Security and Malwarebytes. Despite disabling these...
  7. Windows Update ERROR ENCOUNTED Cant Connect To Update Service

Windows Update ERROR ENCOUNTED Cant Connect To Update Service: Have changed the DNS to 8888/ 8844 but still does not work Any other ideas....?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-encounted-cant-connect-to/4945924d-fa0b-4ec9-ab1f-c533ffb09cd0
  8. Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service.": For the past few days when checking for updates it fails and I get this message. “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work make sure you’re connected to the internet”. There is...
  9. Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service.": Windows update is showing the following error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." My internet connection is active (since I am posting this...
  10. Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service: [img] Why I have to use Win7. Win10 id crappola.. All app's on start menu have went into download. Anybody that says they aren't having issues, I call you a liar.. 103126