Windows 10: my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...

Discus and support my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It will recognize 8X disks recorded on the same device.Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karen2122, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Karen2122 Win User

my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...

my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It will recognize 8X disks recorded on the same device.Is there anything I can do to fix this or is 8X the limit for reading on PC's?

:)

Karen2122, Jan 19, 2022
  2. Bastieeeh Win User

DVD+R DL 16x Recording Standard Released

The DVD+RW Alliance industry group announced the release of the faster 12x/16x Double Layer DVD+R recording specifications on April 2nd. This new v1.2 standard covers burning speeds of up to 16x (around 21MB/s) which results in a writing time of only 9 minutes for a 8.5GB disc. It will take some time for the usual suspects like Plextor, Pioneer or LiteOn to come up with compatible drives. And let's not forget the media manufacturers who also need their time to improve their recordable discs.

Source: CDRinfo

Bastieeeh, Jan 19, 2022
  3. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

Thank you for your help, Andre. I appreciate that it was so prompt!

My system is a Dell Inspiron 5558.

First step: Running Troubleshooter in Hardware and Devices and then restarting.
    Outcome: No change. The drive says to insert a disc, even though there is a brand new on in the drive.

Second step: Open Device Manager and update the driver for the DVD drive.
    Outcome: No change. Using the option to search the internet for the most current drive, Microsoft says the best driver for this device is already installed. FYI - the DVD drive is: TSSTcorp
    DVD+- SU-208GB

Third step: Open Administrator:Windows Powershell and run the regedit.exe command then restart.

Outcome: No change. The drive does not recognize a new/blank DVD-R.

Fourth step: Check out the suggestions at groovypost.com. Remove and reinstall the IDE/ATAPI drivers (ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1, and Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller).

Outcome: When I set the view to "show hidden devices" and expanded the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, there is only one listed: Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family
    SATA AHCI Controller. I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure about uninstalling that driver.

So, bottom line, nothing changed. The problem of the drive not recognizing a new DVD is persisting. The only thing that changed from four days ago, when I burned about 8 DVDs, and now, is that I ran out of the DVDs I was using and bought a new batch (identical
    brand and type to what I had been using - SONY DVD-R). I bought a second batch of a different brand - Maxell DVD-R - and those don't work either.

I don't believe it is a hardware issue because when I plug in an external Dell DVD+-R drive, it also doesn't recognize the discs.

This is really bumming me out. I am in the middle of a project and I can't finish it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

slugrunnerZZ, Jan 19, 2022
  4. Chilady Win User

my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...

No DVD-R drive in device manager or This PC after upgrading to Windows

Hi,

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and since that time I don't have a DVD – R drive. I still have my DVD – RW, but the other drive is missing from the device manager and the computer list. What happened to it? What steps can I take to recover it.

Thank You!

Chilady, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

1. my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It... - Similar Threads - recognize DVD 16X

2. DVD RW is not recognized as a recordable device in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD RW is not recognized as a recordable device in Windows 11: All devices were working properly in Windows 10, and now neither CD RW 1 internal and factory from HP, and 1 external usb is recognized as RW. This is definitely a problem with Windows 11, and I should NOT have to search forums for fixes. Microsoft support searches for fixes...
  3. Recordable DVD not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recordable DVD not recognized: I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba Media Player do not recognize the dvds, or if it does, it says it is blank. Even on my computer, looking at the dvd drive, it...
  4. Recordable DVD not recognized

Recordable DVD not recognized: I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba Media Player do not recognize the dvds, or if it does, it says it is blank. Even on my computer, looking at the dvd drive, it...
  5. my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...: my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It will recognize 8X disks recorded on the same device.Is there anything I can do to fix this or is 8X the limit for reading on PC's?...
  6. my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...

my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It...: my PC will not recognize a DVD-R 16X disk that was recorded on another device. Why? It will recognize 8X disks recorded on the same device.Is there anything I can do to fix this or is 8X the limit for reading on PC's?...
  7. Is a DVD-R 120 mins 16x 4.7 GB disk suitable for cd copy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is a DVD-R 120 mins 16x 4.7 GB disk suitable for cd copy: Can use this type of disk for making cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-dvd-r-120-mins-16x-47-gb-disk-suitable-for-cd/b0d27b25-e5bb-44af-bad1-379728a0f504
  8. Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x)

in Windows 10 Support
    Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x): Hello everyone, I am trying to burn some videos (movies) into DVD-R 4.7 GB using wondershare uniconverter. Total size of the movies I selected comes around 4.31GB (screenshot attached). But the size of the same videos after added to uniconverter becomes larger (I don't know...
  9. UNABLE TO BURN DVD-R (SONY 2.1*16X) AT 16X SPEED

UNABLE TO BURN DVD-R (SONY 2.1*16X) AT 16X SPEED: I am unable to to burn dvd presemtly it shows error that write speed is too fast or to slow there ia only two option to burn dvd at 8x or 4x i tried both but same error came. i am presently use windows 10 1909 my pc is just 2 yr old....
  10. recording to a dvd r+ problems

recording to a dvd r+ problems: Hi, I am trying to transfer old vhs tapes to dvd. I installed Roxio "easy vhs to dvd3 plus" on a w10 laptop which has a read-write dvd player built in. When I click on "rec" nothing happens. Also I do not see a "stop" button on the screen. I did have to re-size my screen...