Windows 10: My pc will not remember my user name

Discus and support My pc will not remember my user name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LindaBabineau, May 20, 2022.

1. My pc will not remember my user name

I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN

:)

LindaBabineau, May 20, 2022

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 20, 2022
  3. Changing the users name

Hello George,

We appreciate your time and effort to reach out to us again.

Please be informed that Microsoft Account does not allow the User account information with only the first name.

• Follow the below steps in order to be able to change the
      User Accounts name.
    Note: You need Admin rights to do the following.

1. Press Windows Key + R combination and then type
    netplwiz in the Run dialog box. Click
    OK
    . If prompted for UAC, click Yes.

2. Now in the User Accounts window, check Users must enter a user name and password to enter this computer, if it is unchecked. In the
    User Name section, select the user name to which you want to change the name and click
    Properties.

3. In the Properties window, in the User name field, provide the desired user name. Then click
    Apply followed by OK.

• Follow the below steps to change the "This PC"
      Folder name
    1. Open File Explorer.

2. In the navigation panel, right click on This PC.

3. Type in a new name and press Enter.

4. If you have an explorer window open, then close and reopen it to fully apply.

You will now see this new name in explorer instead of the default name This PC.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 20, 2022
  4. My pc will not remember my user name

User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, May 20, 2022
Thema:

My pc will not remember my user name

1. My pc will not remember my user name - Similar Threads - remember user name

2. I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.: I have been logged out of my account but don't remember user name or email used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-logged-out-of-my-account-but-i-dont-remember/2a28674a-9e7e-4f75-aa9f-df5a27e5a6b5
  3. I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.: I have been logged out of my account but don't remember user name or email used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-logged-out-of-my-account-but-i-dont-remember/2a28674a-9e7e-4f75-aa9f-df5a27e5a6b5
  4. I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not remember my user name: I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN...
  6. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc will not remember my user name: I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN...
  7. EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords: Over the last couple of days EDGE will not save user names or passwords, the prompt comes up to say do you want to save, but then it forgets them. Doing my head in...
  8. do not remember my password to start my pc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    do not remember my password to start my pc.: Need help with password recover. I cannot remember my passcode to sign into my hp microsoft laptop. It bring me to microsoft sign in recover page but hasn’t helped. Need to get my homework done. Please help...
  9. User name to be changed from my email id to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User name to be changed from my email id to my name: Hi there Recently I changed my primary email alias in my Microsoft account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and deleted that old alias. After that my pc user name changed to *** Email address is removed for...
  10. How to delete a user name from my PC.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to delete a user name from my PC.: I would like to remove a family member’s Yahoo.com user name from my PC. But after following the how to "Remove Family & other users" instructions, the only selection that pops up is "Allow". I don't see a "Remove" option. What else should I do?...