Windows 10: My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

Discus and support My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kat, Jun 2, 2023.

1. KAT
    Kat Win User

My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been running the "powercfg /request" option and it says no issues right now. But when I sleep the pc and it wakes right back up and I run the "powercfg /requests" it says PERFBOOST:[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel CallerPower Managerbut after like 2 minutes I run the request again and the issue seems to go away, then I try and sleep the pc, it wakes back up and this perfboost issue comes back as soon as I run the request again. this image was taken in the span

:)

2. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive (on my own PC) and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down. Everything seems to be working great.

However, my PC will no longer sleep or hibernate correctly. These items are enabled in my OS (Windows 10), but as soon as it reaches the "asleep/hibernating" point of these, it immediately boots back up. Like, right away, not after a few seconds, or minutes, but as soon as the LEDs go off, it boots back up. I don't have a deep understanding of these states, aside from knowing that it requires an input from my keyboard or the power button on my tower to bring the system back to an awake state.

I changed nothing with my OS with the upgrade - I cloned my old C: drive over to my new SSD so there shouldn't be anything there, but I am open to any solutions here.

How do I go about fixing this? I have looked in UEFI settings, and did not find any options related to sleep/hibernate aside from what LEDs persist in the off state.

• I entered "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" into the command prompt, and the only device that is able to wake the computer is my keyboard.
    • I entered "powercfg /waketimers" and there are no wake timers for my PC
    Please help!

Luke Haskell, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Stan8448 Win User
    PC Running Windows 10 Home Won't Stay Asleep/Hibernated

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not stay asleep for more than a couple minutes at most (in many cases, a matter of seconds). The PC refuses to go to sleep (or even turn off the monitor before that) on its own after the specified interval, even
    with hybrid sleep off, multimedia set to allow sleep, and all other advanced power settings set to their maximum power-saving settings, so this issue is occurring in spite of deliberately telling the computer to go to sleep. The same is true for hibernation.

Using Windows 8.1 and the default "balanced" power plan settings, sleep had worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.

Stan8448, Jun 2, 2023
  4. notnats Win User

notnats, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

1. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10 - Similar Threads - stay asleep hibernate

2. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10: Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been running the "powercfg /request" option and it says no issues right now. But when I sleep the pc and it wakes right back up and...
  3. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10: Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been running the "powercfg /request" option and it says no issues right now. But when I sleep the pc and it wakes right back up and...
  4. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  5. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  6. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  8. windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 will not stay asleep: When sleep after 10 min is set, PC will go to sleep then awake in 1 min and keep cycling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-stay-asleep/8b9544ae-2fd8-487e-be6d-fa1ac6c9da56
  9. Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything: Hello, I am new to posting on these forums but I have been reading them for a bit. I appear to be having the problem with windows 10 that prevents windows from staying asleep. To be more specific every time I shutdown, go into hibernate, or go to sleep, the computer only...
  10. Windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not stay asleep: Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have: Gone to power management and ensured I have a...