Windows 10: my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it.

Discus and support my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've just built a new pc and i was encountering an issue where my pc freezes up but I can still move my cursor and minimize things, but I can't close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dougstar03, Mar 17, 2021.

1. my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it.

I've just built a new pc and i was encountering an issue where my pc freezes up but I can still move my cursor and minimize things, but I can't close anything or press the windows button or clock on any of my applications. I ran memtest and it detected some errors so I checked my ram and it turns out 2 of the 4 sticks are different version numbers to the other 2, so I took them out and ran memtest again and there were no errors but the freezing problem is still happening. I have no clue why.

:)

Dougstar03, Mar 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

4. 邱风 Win User

my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it.

PC freezes randomly after running 2-3 hours

Hi.

My PC starts freezes about 0.5 sec randomly after running 2-3 hours, no matter if I was gaming or watching videos.

Restart the PC can normally solve the issue (it does not always work, but it seems " shut down " then turn on PC has a higher chance of solving this issue compare to " restart".) Since restart sometimes solves the problem, I assume it should not be a overheating
    issue.

I have no idea if it is a system issue or hardware issue. I have tried updating all the drivers, but it does not work. I used Dell system diagnose, but it suggest all hardware are fine.

Can anyone suggest how can I fix this issue?

Regards,

Feng,

邱风, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it.

1. my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it. - Similar Threads - randomly freeze every

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.: Nothing of note in the Event Log. OS is fully updated (this has been happening for a while). BIOS memory check ok. Chkdsk okay. This is an HP desktop purchased in 2018. I even took it into my local shop, and they are scratching their heads. HP refuses to troubleshoot...
  5. Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours: Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. From past few months, my PC randomly reboots by itself. I have tried to look for a solution but nothing has worked. Changed the power settings, the power supply is stable. I went into the event viewer and it showed in last 24 hours the...
  6. Computer completely freezes every few hours

Computer completely freezes every few hours: Hello. I made a post a little while ago. It has gotten much worse since. Every few hours, my pc gets rlly laggy and then freezes after 30 seconds. In the task manager disk usage is always at 100%. Always from different things, but usually, service host: sysmain and System...
  7. Brand new high-end PC freezes for a few seconds every few hours

Brand new high-end PC freezes for a few seconds every few hours: Hello, I recently bought a new high-end PC. It works good and can easily run heavy programs. It barely has anything installed on it, the drivers are up to date (unless I missed something...) and there are no viruses/malware, yet every few hours (and doesn't matter whether a...
  8. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....
  9. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 random freeze