Windows 10: My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

Discus and support My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by charlyxae, Jan 15, 2022.

1. charlyxae Win User

My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows 11 NTFS, GPT config It started off when I had an unallocated partition on my Boot SSD. I tried merging it with the main partition being used for Windows using Aomei Partition manager. It went well and it did it's thing and it rebooted. I got into windows and it seemed like none of the features were working. A bunch of errors popped up so I restarted it. It ended up going into system recovery mode and then I rebooted it again and it

:)

charlyxae, Jan 15, 2022
  2. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jan 15, 2022
  3. windows won't boot from ssd

Its a sata 2 mobo...I just did a fresh install of windows so far so good, I'll plug the other drives in and set bios to boot from the ssd and report back

moocow0463, Jan 15, 2022
  4. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

1. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in. - Similar Threads - won't boot correctly

2. My Pc Won't Boot into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Won't Boot into Windows: A week ago I finished my gaming pc build. Everything was working fine till today. I was playing Destiny 2, and my pc just turned off. Now everytime I try to boot into Windows the pc turns off and then tries to boot into Windows again. I can enter into bios though, and as long...
  3. My Pc Won't Boot into Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc Won't Boot into Windows: A week ago I finished my gaming pc build. Everything was working fine till today. I was playing Destiny 2, and my pc just turned off. Now everytime I try to boot into Windows the pc turns off and then tries to boot into Windows again. I can enter into bios though, and as long...
  4. My Pc Won't Boot into Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My SSD not recognized and pc won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD not recognized and pc won't boot: Last night I shutted down my computer as normaly, it took more time than usual but I didn't think much of it. Today as I was turning it back on, some blue screen showed up couldn't take a photo saying that some problem were found or so and that it would boot after and it was...
  6. My SSD not recognized and pc won't boot

My SSD not recognized and pc won't boot: Last night I shutted down my computer as normaly, it took more time than usual but I didn't think much of it. Today as I was turning it back on, some blue screen showed up couldn't take a photo saying that some problem were found or so and that it would boot after and it was...
  7. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.: My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows 11 NTFS, GPT config It started off when I had an unallocated partition on my Boot SSD. I tried merging it with the main...
  8. Windows won't boot on my PC

Windows won't boot on my PC: Hi all My PC wouldnt boot this morning. I tried everything from a full C: drive chkdsk, to replacing my SATA cable in case of hard drive issues. Eventually I used Boot Repair Installer, and this is what it found: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/YvRMBzh6y9/ I still have no...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.: So a while back I got a new motherboard the MSI A320M PRO VD/S V2. Off course this came along with some new ram and a new CPU. Right now I have 3 storage devices plugged in. My HardDrive, my boot SSD and a second SSD for storage. I have this configured that my boot SSD is in...
  10. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot: This morning I woke up to my PC on the blue screen with the startup repair options. I tried various things to get my PC to boot but it would always boot to this screen. Eventually I discovered that if I went into the boot manager on startup by pressing f12 and selecting the...