Windows 10: My pc wont boot up and i dont know how to fix it

Discus and support My pc wont boot up and i dont know how to fix it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there,recently my pc wouldnt boot up and would go to win re i tried some solutions such as sfc scannow chkdsk /f /r and rebuilding the bcd doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peter_091, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Peter_091 Win User

My pc wont boot up and i dont know how to fix it

Hello there,recently my pc wouldnt boot up and would go to win re i tried some solutions such as sfc scannow chkdsk /f /r and rebuilding the bcd doing scanos fixmbr etc at some point i did something with one partition and formated it and after that it wouldnt even boot up win re it would show couldnt find BCDso i inserted a usb with windows re and i managed to get back the cmd only from rein c: windows wasnt even a folder the windows folder wasnt in any other drives so i thought i would delete the windows file that i couldnt open and copy paste from the usb the windows folder and rebuild bc

:)

Peter_091, Dec 1, 2023

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 1, 2023
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

Aren't we being a little harsh? I know I can't be the only other person on this forum to have skipped checking the official memory compatibility list when building a computer. Had I been in the same situation and followed the same steps I would have thought I got a bum board too, regardless of whether or not the memory was on that list.

4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Comp wont boot..

i would guess video card. I dont know how a PC with a bad CPU would behave but i assume it wont boot at all. My advice would be this, disconnect everything from the board but the PSU, 1 stick of RAM, GPU and try to run it. If it still wont boot up try putting GPU in another slot or try another stick of RAM. If that wont help use known good components (RAM, GPU, PSU) and see if it will boot. Also make sure heartsink is seated properly as the person above said.

Thema:

1. My pc wont boot up and i dont know how to fix it - Similar Threads - wont boot dont

2. My Pc keeps crashing, i dont know why and i want to know how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc keeps crashing, i dont know why and i want to know how to fix it!: When i play a game my monitor goes black after most times 30min sometimes longer sometimes shorter, pc is still on but isnt usable nothing works, but i hear the sound of the game i was using. The only way to get it back to work is a hard reset. After that it works perfectly...
  3. I dont know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know how to fix this: Application: osu!.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at #=zrfHvuTOCgzzUGnnvPiUGbDvpX$3llqFNzw==..ctor#=zm6nxSwNXHSx6ZYYPtA== at...
  4. I dont know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont know how to fix this: Application: osu!.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at #=zrfHvuTOCgzzUGnnvPiUGbDvpX$3llqFNzw==..ctor#=zm6nxSwNXHSx6ZYYPtA== at...
  5. A problem i dont know how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem i dont know how to fix: I have 2 problems. 1 My Roblox keeps on crashing for no reason and im on windows 10 aswell. I already deleted the cache, already reinstall Roblox more than 5 times, and also tried to update graphics driver. 2 I cant update my graphics driver. Just to let you know, my graphics...
  6. A problem i dont know how to fix

A problem i dont know how to fix: I have 2 problems. 1 My Roblox keeps on crashing for no reason and im on windows 10 aswell. I already deleted the cache, already reinstall Roblox more than 5 times, and also tried to update graphics driver. 2 I cant update my graphics driver. Just to let you know, my graphics...
  7. my pc keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix this error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix this error.: anytime I use my pc after 30 minutes to an hour it crashes. everytime it says it is for a diffrent reason in event viewer.sorry if it takes me some time to respond I cant be on my pc all the time...
  8. My pc wont boot up and i dont know how to fix it

My pc wont boot up and i dont know how to fix it: Hello there,recently my pc wouldnt boot up and would go to win re i tried some solutions such as sfc scannow chkdsk /f /r and rebuilding the bcd doing scanos fixmbr etc at some point i did something with one partition and formated it and after that it wouldnt even boot up win...
  9. AN ERROR THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AN ERROR THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX: just tell me how to solve this issue[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-that-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/0d36ba81-370f-482f-83c5-8a741367b91d
  10. Windows wont update and I dont know how to fix my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont update and I dont know how to fix my pc: Right so I have 99.9gb used out of 830gb on a hdd, 8gb ram. IntelR Core TM 2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00 GHz 3.00 ghz 64 Bit operating system. Im not very techy or anything but my pc wont let me download or update anything from the windows store or download most things off the...