Windows 10: My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

Discus and support My pc won’t detect my headset mic. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc only recognizes my headset mic as headphones in output. I turned on my microphone settings and checked sound settings and tried manage input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kathy_101, Nov 28, 2022.

1. kathy_101 Win User

My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

My pc only recognizes my headset mic as headphones in output. I turned on my microphone settings and checked sound settings and tried manage input devices and it won’t show up. I even tried control panel and it says my microphone isn’t plugged in. When my headset mic is plugged in the headphones port it only shows the headset mic as output and no mic input. When my headset mic is plugged in the microphone port it, the mic works and is in input but can’t hear in the headset and isn’t in the output anymore.

:)

kathy_101, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Nov 28, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Nov 28, 2022
  4. My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound

I messed with the levels, but when the headset is plugged in, I don't see an additional mic in the listing, only the default mic is showing.

CameronCook7, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

1. My pc won’t detect my headset mic. - Similar Threads - won’t detect headset

2. My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t detect my headset mic.: My pc only recognizes my headset mic as headphones in output. I turned on my microphone settings and checked sound settings and tried manage input devices and it won’t show up. I even tried control panel and it says my microphone isn’t plugged in. When my headset mic is...
  3. My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc won’t detect my headset mic.: My pc only recognizes my headset mic as headphones in output. I turned on my microphone settings and checked sound settings and tried manage input devices and it won’t show up. I even tried control panel and it says my microphone isn’t plugged in. When my headset mic is...
  4. Windows not detecting my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting my headset mic: Hello,I got a new headset with a mic and it was working well before and a little while after the windows update but after a restart with an update my sound had no base and m microphone wasnt working, after an update my sound was back to normal but windows showed my headset as...
  5. Windows not detecting my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not detecting my headset mic: Hello,I got a new headset with a mic and it was working well before and a little while after the windows update but after a restart with an update my sound had no base and m microphone wasnt working, after an update my sound was back to normal but windows showed my headset as...
  6. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  7. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  8. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Whenever my pc lags it can't detect my headset/headset mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever my pc lags it can't detect my headset/headset mic: Alright so every 4-7 hours after booting my pc up, I'm just minding my own business playing games then suddenly my pc just lags. I can't do anything for about 30 seconds, I get disconnected from what I was playing. not crash then my headset audio/microphone stops working...
  10. Headset mic not detecting on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detecting on my laptop: Ok so i just bought a hyperx cloud stinger recently and for some reason its not detecting my mic? I've tried going to sound manager and changing my mic, but it only detects my laptop mic for some reason. Im on windows 10. 171926