Windows 10: My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore

Discus and support My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC previously would generate thumbnails for HEVC 265 videos. It suddenly stopped I don't know why. I cleared the thumbnail cache and now HEVC 265... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SleepingYeti, May 23, 2024.

1. My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore

My PC previously would generate thumbnails for HEVC 265 videos. It suddenly stopped I don't know why. I cleared the thumbnail cache and now HEVC 265 videos that had thumbnails before won't regenerate them. 264 videos and photos generate thumbnails just fine. It is just HEVC 265 videos that will not make thumbnails.

:)

SleepingYeti, May 23, 2024
  2. svenm.se Win User

Windows File Explorer does not generate thumbnails for HEVC videos any more

In the beginning of December 2018, I started to record video-clips with HEVC/H.265 codec. I realized immediately that there was no build-in support in Windows 10 for this codec. I found and installed the app “HEVC Video Extensions
    from Device Manufacturers” from Microsoft Store and everything worked fine. The HEVC video-clips was correctly displayed with thumbnails in the File Explorer. I could view video-clips with the Film and Photo apps.

Just a few days ago I bought and installed the app "HEVC Video Extension" from Microsoft Store. This was a big mistake. The File Explorer does not generate thumbnails anymore, when I store new HEVC files in a folder. For the
    old files the thumbnails are shown. I guess that Microsoft has altered something in the interface from the first HEVC app to the next one. And File Explorer has not been update. Look at the picture, two mp4/HEVC clips. The left file is stored after the update
    and the right before.

My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore cc0f1389-e85c-4c94-ac2a-719a2ed5a89a?upload=true.jpg

Has anybody else noticed this problem_

svenm.se, May 23, 2024
  3. Jon Doe Win User
    x265 HEVC Video not playing or thumbnails

Hi,
    My desktop PC (64bit Windows10 home) will not play HEVC videos with the default player, I just get a blank screen but can hear the audio. When viewing the files folder I just get the program icon and not a thumbnail. I assumed HEVC was not supported but trying the same files on another Windows10 laptop and they work fine.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

JD

Jon Doe, May 23, 2024
  4. PJLLB Win User

My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore

x265 HEVC Video not playing or thumbnails

Do the two devices have the same video card? That could explain why one plays the HEVC file and the other does not.

PJLLB, May 23, 2024
Thema:

My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore

1. My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore - Similar Threads - won't generate thumbnails

2. My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore: My PC previously would generate thumbnails for HEVC 265 videos. It suddenly stopped I don't know why. I cleared the thumbnail cache and now HEVC 265 videos that had thumbnails before won't regenerate them. 264 videos and photos generate thumbnails just fine. It is just HEVC...
  3. My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't generate thumbnails for HEVC videos anymore: My PC previously would generate thumbnails for HEVC 265 videos. It suddenly stopped I don't know why. I cleared the thumbnail cache and now HEVC 265 videos that had thumbnails before won't regenerate them. 264 videos and photos generate thumbnails just fine. It is just HEVC...
  4. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...
  5. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...
  6. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder

Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder: Thumbnails for videos in all folders under OneDrive - Personal do not display. Thumbnails for images and other files show up perfectly and everythingshows up when not under my OneDrive - Personal folder. I haveLarge Thumbnails on, Always ShowThumbnails, Never Icons on, and...
  8. Windows 10 stopped generating video thumbnails

Windows 10 stopped generating video thumbnails: Hi. A couple of weeks ago my pc stopped generating video thumbnails. It still generates them for other media photos. Things I've tried: - Disabling and enabling "Use thumbnails not icons" in folder options - Disabling and enabling "Use thumbnails not icons" in...
  9. Windows File Explorer does not generate thumbnails for HEVC videos any more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer does not generate thumbnails for HEVC videos any more: In the beginning of December 2018, I started to record video-clips with HEVC/H.265 codec. I realized immediately that there was no build-in support in Windows 10 for this codec. I found and installed the app “HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturers” from Microsoft...
  10. x265 HEVC Video not playing or thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    x265 HEVC Video not playing or thumbnails: Hi, My desktop PC (64bit Windows10 home) will not play HEVC videos with the default player, I just get a blank screen but can hear the audio. When viewing the files folder I just get the program icon and not a thumbnail. I assumed HEVC was not supported but trying the same...