Windows 10: My pc won't open specific programs

Discus and support My pc won't open specific programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently had this problem on my pc, and it is really frustrating. Basically, half of all programs on my pc won't open anymore Spotify, some games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimonNowack, Jul 26, 2020.

1. My pc won't open specific programs

I've recently had this problem on my pc, and it is really frustrating. Basically, half of all programs on my pc won't open anymore Spotify, some games etc. I use Bullguard as my antivirus software, and it usually opens automatically when i start my pc. But now I have to log in everytime. 5-10 minutes after startup, i get these weird pop-ups from file explorer saying that Windows can't access the file, and that I may not have the required rights to get access to it, which doesn't make sense, since I'm on my administrator account. I've seen videos that advice you to open programs like Windows Powershell or regedit. Thing is, I can't even open those apps!

:)

SimonNowack, Jul 26, 2020

2. Program won't open in Windows 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?
    • What happens exactly when you try to open the program ‘My Photo Index’? Do you get any error message?
    • Is this issue specific to ‘My Photo Index’?

I suggest you to check whether there is any new updated version for the program
    ‘My Photo Index’, if it is available update it and check whether the programs opens or not.

If still the issue persists then you may install the ‘My Photo Index’
    as below and check if that helps.

• Download the latest and available driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Uninstall the existing network driver from your PC through Control Panel.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select
      Windows 8/8.1
      or 7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 26, 2020
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Jul 26, 2020
  4. My pc won't open specific programs

Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you trying to use Voice command to open programs in Cortana?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to use Cortana? If so, kindly provide us the exact error message.
    • Have you tried searching the program by typing it manually from Cortana?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

My pc won't open specific programs

1. My pc won't open specific programs - Similar Threads - won't open specific

2. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  3. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  4. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. certain programs won't open on my computer

certain programs won't open on my computer: certain programs won't open on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-wont-open-on-my-computer/c2f80ea5-e87b-4e78-97ba-90665cbea630
  6. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Program Won't Open: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm using a XP-PEN Artist 12 tablet. I used it just maybe a few months ago. Today, I tried to open the program, but it wouldn't work. It said that my computer was not recognizing the device, and that it was unknown. I went into the program for...
  7. My Program Won't Open

My Program Won't Open: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm using a XP-PEN Artist 12 tablet. I used it just maybe a few months ago. Today, I tried to open the program, but it wouldn't work. It said that my computer was not recognizing the device, and that it was unknown. I went into the program for...
  8. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Program won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program won't open: Hello,I have a program that won't open on Windows 10. After I double click to run it, it's process appears in the Task Manager, stays there for some 30 seconds or so and than disappears. The program's window never appears. Here are the details.1. The program is at least six...
  10. Program won't open

Program won't open: I have a program that I can't get to open. I tried a whole bunch of different things to solve it and nothing worked, so eventually I reinstalled Windows. That fixed it for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to not opening again. It shows up in Task Manager as a process...