Windows 10: My Pc Wont reset

Discus and support My Pc Wont reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I go to reset my pc it says "There was a problem resetting your pc"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlecMaddox1, Sep 26, 2020.

1. My Pc Wont reset

when I go to reset my pc it says "There was a problem resetting your pc"

:)

AlecMaddox1, Sep 26, 2020

2. PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Sep 26, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 26, 2020
  4. My Pc Wont reset

Settings and store wont open, and pc wont reset

Hi Camisado,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to perform reset on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6. Close the CMD window.

Check to see if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: I suggest you to create a test user account on your computer and check if the issue persists on that account.

This will let us know if your current user account is corrupted.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.

• Select User Accounts, click on
      Manage another account

• Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

My Pc Wont reset

1. My Pc Wont reset - Similar Threads - Wont reset

2. my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the...: my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the microsoft sign in doesn’t load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-reset-and-when-im-on-the-lock-screen-it/475607b3-67ef-40eb-b8ad-89c9ead004b6
  3. my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the...: my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the microsoft sign in doesn’t load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-reset-and-when-im-on-the-lock-screen-it/475607b3-67ef-40eb-b8ad-89c9ead004b6
  4. my pc wont reset and when im on the lock screen it asks me to sign into microsoft but the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Reset windows 11 laptop, now wont accept account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset windows 11 laptop, now wont accept account password: I reset my laptop surface book 2 and was in the process of setting up the new account when I was called away. The screen locked, and on my return is asking for a password and wont accept the password I enteredms365 account passwordThe Password is accepted online and on my...
  6. Reset windows 11 laptop, now wont accept account password

Reset windows 11 laptop, now wont accept account password: I reset my laptop surface book 2 and was in the process of setting up the new account when I was called away. The screen locked, and on my return is asking for a password and wont accept the password I enteredms365 account passwordThe Password is accepted online and on my...
  7. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  8. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  9. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I need help my pc wont function i tried resetting it but it keeps telling me i have no...

I need help my pc wont function i tried resetting it but it keeps telling me i have no...: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-my-pc-wont-function-i-tried-resetting/95bb9310-76fe-46c1-b4fb-f34a6ec0ae99