Windows 10: My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode

Discus and support My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a custom-built pc and every time I try to use sleep mode it won't show any signal after turning it back on from sleep mode. The only way I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by -Surge-, Mar 5, 2023.

1. -Surge- Win User

My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode

I have a custom-built pc and every time I try to use sleep mode it won't show any signal after turning it back on from sleep mode. The only way I get signal again is by turning off the power switch in the back and turning it back on. I have dual monitors and no signal shows up on either screens after turning it on from sleep mode.

:)

-Surge-, Mar 5, 2023
  2. jaydub Win User

Trouble Putting PC to Sleep

I finally determined what the cause of my PC waking up right after I invoke sleep function Start > Power > Sleep. I recently purchased a Velocifire wireless (2.4ghz) keyboard that also comes with a USB cord so it can be used in corded mode. When used in corded mode, sleeping the PC is not a problem. When I use the wireless dongle, the PC refuses to sleep for more than a second. So, the wireless mode of this keyboard is what triggers the problem. In addition to the things I've tried in my original post, here are the results of some suggestions you guys made:
    • Created a new fake user and logged in under than user. Same behavior.
    • Started PC in Safe Mode. Unfortunately, in Safe Mode sleep functions are limited to the monitor and hard drives. Nothing to put the PC to sleep.
    • Tried going into sleep via Alt + F4. Same behavior.
    • powercfg -a reports S3 is active on my system.
    There are no obvious irregularities in Device Manager. The dongle shows up under USB Serial Bus Controllers as a USB Composite Device.
    • General Tab says "This device is working properly".
    • In Driver Tab, I tried searching for a better driver, but Windows says there is no better driver.
    • There is no Power Management tab.
    So as it turns out, all of things I've tried appear to have been a waste of time as it was not addressing the wireless function of the keyboard. I contacted the manufacturer and they suggested that I delete the USB Composite Device entry, re-boot and re-insert the dongle. However, that did not change inability to sleep the PC.

Any other ideas?

jaydub, Mar 5, 2023
  3. Wingo101 Win User
    Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

My pc goes to sleep after about 1 hour of idle time. Is it safe to put the pc in sleep mode?

Won't it decrease the lifetime of the gpu, cpu, etc. If they are turned off and on straight-away?

Wingo101, Mar 5, 2023
  4. My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode

Urgent help with PC that wont stay in sleep mode!

I really need some help. I have a custom built PC. Ever since then I haven't been able to go into sleep mode. As soon as I click Sleep the system powers down for few seconds then powers straight back on to show me login screen. For better insight on the issue I would suggest looking at >this<. The link directs you to Microsoft Community website, and what you will see is my thread asking for help. Knowing Microsoft Community I feel as if they just give basic steps then thinking out of the box so that's why i'm here.

What I've tried so far is doing a reset with Windows 10 Pro to wipe everything but keeps files on SSD which is my primary. I disconnected my HDD which is for gaming and music so that it wont get touched. As I'm typing this the issue hasn't been fixed. The only thing that I did was some updates for OS, and that's it! I'm completely puzzled by what is happening.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

AstroCoookie023, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode

1. My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode - Similar Threads - wont show signal

2. My pc monitor wont turn on after being put into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc monitor wont turn on after being put into safe mode: When I was trying to fix my graphics driver issue they AMD asked me to put my pc into safe mode. After doing that and restarting my Monitor is now saying no signal and having the monitor screen off. I have tried most of the other solutions but no idea....
  3. My pc monitor wont turn on after being put into safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc monitor wont turn on after being put into safe mode: When I was trying to fix my graphics driver issue they AMD asked me to put my pc into safe mode. After doing that and restarting my Monitor is now saying no signal and having the monitor screen off. I have tried most of the other solutions but no idea....
  4. My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode: I have a custom-built pc and every time I try to use sleep mode it won't show any signal after turning it back on from sleep mode. The only way I get signal again is by turning off the power switch in the back and turning it back on. I have dual monitors and no signal shows...
  5. My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode

My pc wont show signal after putting to sleep mode: I have a custom-built pc and every time I try to use sleep mode it won't show any signal after turning it back on from sleep mode. The only way I get signal again is by turning off the power switch in the back and turning it back on. I have dual monitors and no signal shows...
  6. PC no longer booting in UEFI mode after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC no longer booting in UEFI mode after putting it to sleep: So I put my PC to sleep for a few hours only to find out it was actually shut down. When I tried turning it back on I got error code 0xc00000e9 and something about the winload.efi file I tried the usual troubleshooting methods: -Restarting,-resetting bios-changing boot...
  7. PC no longer booting in UEFI mode after putting it to sleep

PC no longer booting in UEFI mode after putting it to sleep: So I put my PC to sleep for a few hours only to find out it was actually shut down. When I tried turning it back on I got error code 0xc00000e9 and something about the winload.efi file I tried the usual troubleshooting methods: -Restarting,-resetting bios-changing boot...
  8. I put my Pc into safe mode and it stopped putting signal to my monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I put my Pc into safe mode and it stopped putting signal to my monitor.: I tryed to get a virus off my pc it it didnt work so i put my pc into safe mode and it stopped putting a signal to my monitor my pc is not that old and when it happened i was trying to free space becuse it was a space virus....
  9. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  10. Can't put pc in sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't put pc in sleep mode after update: Hello! So, one week ago, Windows said it needed an update, so I did it. However now, when I try to put my pc in sleep mode, the monitor turns off, but the PC, mouse and keyboard Stay on. After a While, the PC crashes, and the blue screen turns up saying "Driver Power...