Windows 10: My pc won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time.

Discus and support My pc won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, My laptop won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time I tried to so. I lose all my work/apps/whatever I have opened, every time I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zeka16, Nov 22, 2020.

1. zeka16 Win User

My pc won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time.

Hey guys,

My laptop won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time I tried to so.

I lose all my work/apps/whatever I have opened, every time I try to put it to sleep.

I formatted my pc on a new SSD a few months ago so a clean install should've cleaned any system malfunction. It didn't though.

Please help me get over this.

Thanks

PS: I started this thread before a few months ago but it was locked without a resolution...

:)

zeka16, Nov 22, 2020
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, Nov 22, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

You may have a device that is not compatiable with sleep states or it could be a driver causing it... like this one ( Sleep Option greyed out ), that was caused by a generic display driver.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date and all drivers are installed.
    Look in device manager, see if there are any devices that are generic or unknown.

And, here is an explanation of the BIOS ACPI settings --> Difference between S1 (POS) and S3 (STR) standby mode in BIOS?

You might want to start a thread, if you want to get into fixing it.

95Viper, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. My pc won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time. - Similar Threads - won't sleep hibernate

2. Why my PC won't sleep or hibernate and instead it will shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PC won't sleep or hibernate and instead it will shut down?: Last night before I go to bed I chose to hibernate my PC and Today when I woke up I turned on my PC windows didn't resume and all programs were closed.after that at lunch time I chose to sleep my PC and it went off and it happened like Shut Down and I forced to turn on The PC...
  3. Why my PC won't sleep or hibernate and instead it will shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my PC won't sleep or hibernate and instead it will shut down?: Last night before I go to bed I chose to hibernate my PC and Today when I woke up I turned on my PC windows didn't resume and all programs were closed.after that at lunch time I chose to sleep my PC and it went off and it happened like Shut Down and I forced to turn on The PC...
  4. PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed: Laptop is Acer Predator PH3Q5-53CPU is Intel i5-10300H 2.5GhzRuns Windows 10 Home Version 21H2After getting back my Laptop from ACER Warranty Keyboard replacement, my Laptop now cannot shutdown/sleep/Hibernate without being BSODed 100% of the time. I've updated my windows...
  5. PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed: Laptop is Acer Predator PH3Q5-53CPU is Intel i5-10300H 2.5GhzRuns Windows 10 Home Version 21H2After getting back my Laptop from ACER Warranty Keyboard replacement, my Laptop now cannot shutdown/sleep/Hibernate without being BSODed 100% of the time. I've updated my windows...
  6. Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.

Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.: I encountered a bugcheck, and ever since then, my computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down. Any attempts to pause the operation of the computer shows the login screen after a couple seconds of turning the monitor off.Before the bugcheck, pressing the power button...
  7. My pc won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time.

My pc won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time.: Hey guys, My laptop won't sleep/hibernate. It shuts down every time I tried to so. I lose all my work/apps/whatever I have opened, every time I try to put it to sleep. I formatted my pc on a new SSD a few months ago so a clean install should've cleaned any system...
  8. Hibernation shuts down the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation shuts down the PC: Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all apps. It just goes OFF instantly The power plan settings hard disk turn off is set to 0 as advised. This happened after may 2020...
  9. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  10. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...