Windows 10: My PC wont start

Discus and support My PC wont start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I had a power surge and the pc that I built wont boot into normal windows, safe mode, or recovery mode I tried messing around in bios to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Davidgetts, Nov 25, 2020.

1. My PC wont start

Recently I had a power surge and the pc that I built wont boot into normal windows, safe mode, or recovery mode I tried messing around in bios to fix it but this did not help. I then moved onto trying to use windows installation media to repair it. I prepared a flash drive with windows installation media but whenever I boot to the drive the windows logo appears for only a second then disappears. A blinking line appears in the top left hand part of my screen sits their for between 15 - 30 seconds the windows logo then appears again and disappears again. This process repeats until I force it to boot to bios or my hard drive. I want to know why I cant use the installation media since it seems like my final hope to repair the pc and my windows.

:)

Davidgetts, Nov 25, 2020

2. Got my new PC but it wont turn on...

well im starting back up on it now and I have no clue why my pc wont at least show me bios or anything its not even a blank screen just video isnt detected, any suggestions?

-1nf1n1ty-, Nov 25, 2020
  3. FamoSpark Win User
    pc wont start

help me., my pc wont start, when i press the on button the power led just blink once
    All the fan working fine
    Can some1 tell me what is causing the power led blink just once when i try to on the pc?

FamoSpark, Nov 25, 2020
  4. My PC wont start

PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

My PC wont start

1. My PC wont start - Similar Threads - wont start

2. task scheduler wont start app

in Windows 10 Support
    task scheduler wont start app: I have one app which detect if keyboard is used and when I double click it app work, when I start with task scheduler at user login or computer start, ti doesn't work no matter what I set in task scheduler or what user I use for that. Start only when I set "users" in taks...
  3. Start button, search box, and settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button, search box, and settings wont open: As stated in the subject, when I click the start button, it does not open. When I click into the search box, nothing happens. I also cannot get to the settings. So how do I fix this issue?...
  4. Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wont open start, settings, action center, cant click search in explorer etc. tried...: I am losing my mind, I can't do anything that doesn't have a shortcut on my desktop. It's been like this for a few weeks but I really didn't wanna get into it, but I have important video appointments coming up and bought a webcam that I can't use. submitted by...
  5. Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either!: Hi, I have a surface book2 using windows 10. I went to turn on the computer this morning but it was sort of frozen - the password prompt to login wouldnt come up- although i could still move the mouse around clicking did nothing, nor did typing. So i held down the power...
  6. My pc wont start properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc wont start properly: I start my pc it gets to before the login screen, then keyboard and mouse stop working and pc restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-start-properly/91f3ba08-8d87-4cad-b70f-e853f3dafd70
  7. Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu: So one time i was bored and decided to play solitaire and when i clicked on the Microsoft Solitaire app i didnt open and a download bar appeared under it. Then i opened the Microsoft Store and saw that solitaire wasnt even downloading, and when i clicked on it to start...
  8. windows update now computer wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update now computer wont start: Ok, was updating last night to the latest windows 10 version H0 or something like that .anyway checked it at 9.30 and it was "updating 6%" so I left it running , came to it this morning and it wont even switch on well about 5 seconds then switches off no logo or anything I...
  9. Windows failed to shutdown now my audio wont work and neither is start key

Windows failed to shutdown now my audio wont work and neither is start key: So I tried shutting down windows but it ended up not doing so properly, my fans was still running and so was my cpu cooler. So I used the power button to turn it off manually. But when I went and turned it on again and my audio had this message "The audio service is not...
  10. Settings and Start wont work. Activation watermark appeared

Settings and Start wont work. Activation watermark appeared: So i got a windows 10 update 2 days ago and everything went smoothly till an hour ago... i was watching some video on YouTube and suddenly the windows activation watermark popped up! my windows came activated when i bought my laptop 3-4 years ago so that was very weird, so i...