Windows 10: My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button?

Discus and support My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like I wrote in the title. My PC suddenly won't wake up from sleep using normal methods anymore. Usually, I just press 1 key on keyboard or press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Affectionate_Ear_655, Oct 30, 2020.

1. My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button?

Like I wrote in the title. My PC suddenly won't wake up from sleep using normal methods anymore. Usually, I just press 1 key on keyboard or press a button on my mouse and it turns right back on like a happy puppy.

But after it crashed last night due to me uninstalling a software (LDplayer) and the uninstaller freezing up and crashing the system, now my PC won't wake up from sleep unless I long-press the shutdown button, which should of course, shut it down.

Here's a video showing my problem, maybe you guys can figure it out? thank you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-aktd3ilCrk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

submitted by /u/Affectionate_Ear_655
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Affectionate_Ear_655, Oct 30, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 30, 2020
  3. zukisocks Win User
    Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

computer wont wake up in Vista

thanks, The problem was that on hitting ESC or any key on the keyboard wont wake up the PC either. This seems to be a common problem with Vista from the posts here.
    When I pressed the power button funnily enough, it woke up - then I disabled the mouse ability to wake up as you said. I am not sure what the difference is between hibernate and sleep mode. I pressed start and hit sleep last time, perhaps this time I will try hitting hibernate instead. Mind I shouldnt have to do this then I am manually putting it in hibernate or sleep - isnt it supposed to go into sleep mode itself?
    Sometimes I am glad I still have Wndows XP and my other PC hee.

zukisocks, Oct 30, 2020
  4. caveman88 Win User

My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button?

I have to press the Power button to wake up a sleeping PC

This is a desktop PC and this started happening the other day. Added on 12.30.15 this is always after a manually sleep. When I press the enter key or move the mouse, nothing happens. Both devices are hard wired. If I press the power button, it looks like it is rebooting except it does not show all of the usual pages on the display and then I am back to where I was when I put the PC to sleep. I checked the Mouse and Keyboard Power management pages and both have the entry checked to Allow the device the wake the computer.

I do not have Hibernate as a option on this PC.

I am not sure if this started happening immediately after the latest updates on Dec 9 or a day later.

Add-on: I decided to do a shutdown instead of a restart to reset everything. I went to Power>Shutdown. the PC shutdown, the power light went off and THEN the power light came back on and the PC rebooted. I tried it twice and the same thing happened. I also noticed that my remote Toshiba drive which has never connected on a power up of W10 is now recognized and available without my having to pull/insert the power plug. So that is progress.

Stranger yet, I just did a hard shutdown - pressed the power off button. Power light went out THEN power light came back on and it rebooted. I guess my PC no longer wants to do a shutdown.

Any thoughts?

Z

caveman88, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button?

1. My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button? - Similar Threads - won't wake sleep

2. PC doesnt wake up from sleep until i press multiple different buttons - Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesnt wake up from sleep until i press multiple different buttons - Windows 11 Home: I recently built my PC from scratch - here is a list of the parts I'm using.Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B650 Elite AX with 802.11ax Wifi 6 CPU: Ryzen 7 7700XRAM: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 6000mhz AMD Expo profile enabled to OC to 6000mhz from default 4800mhzAiO Cooler:...
  3. PC doesnt wake up from sleep until i press multiple different buttons - Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesnt wake up from sleep until i press multiple different buttons - Windows 11 Home: I recently built my PC from scratch - here is a list of the parts I'm using.Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B650 Elite AX with 802.11ax Wifi 6 CPU: Ryzen 7 7700XRAM: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 6000mhz AMD Expo profile enabled to OC to 6000mhz from default 4800mhzAiO Cooler:...
  4. Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.: My Dell Inspiron 3670 Windows 11 desktop has recently required pressing the power button to wake from sleep no matter how the sleep mode had been initiated. Power management at Device Manager for keyboard and mouse are checked to allow device to wake the computer.There have...
  5. Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.: My Dell Inspiron 3670 Windows 11 desktop has recently required pressing the power button to wake from sleep no matter how the sleep mode had been initiated. Power management at Device Manager for keyboard and mouse are checked to allow device to wake the computer.There have...
  6. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  7. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  8. PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow Since yesterday, I'M not even...
  9. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  10. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834