Windows 10: My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive

Discus and support My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have 11 hard drives connected to my PC. They're all Seagate's Ironwolf 8TB. I use to enclosures to connected all of these hard drives:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Naif1992, May 19, 2020.

1. My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive

Hello guys,

I have 11 hard drives connected to my PC. They're all Seagate's Ironwolf 8TB. I use to enclosures to connected all of these hard drives:

Terramaster 5 bay (5 drives connected to it)

https://www.terra-master.com/us/products/d5-300.html

Mediasonic 8 bay (6 drives connected to it)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5NZ35Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My issue is that 1 of the 6 drives connected to Mediasonic is recognized wrongly. If I remove the drive and connect it directly to the PC, or use a different enclosure, the drive is recognized. So the issue is definitely with the software.

Please check the link below. In Device Manager, it shows the drive as "ASMT ASM1352-PM SCSI Disk Device," while the other drives connected to the Mediasonic are shown as "ST8000VN 004-2M2101 SCSI Disk Device."

When I click on the little USB icon in the taskbar, it shows the unrecognized HDD by iteself.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bgspw7gj6yj8nqi/AABuUEXamFm4EYmnLBQhlpxAa?dl=0

My PC is running on Windows 10 64-bit.

I tried everything. I uninstalled the driver from Device Manager, I looked through the internet for drives and found a few, but none of them worked.

Please help. Any suggestion will do.

submitted by /u/Naif1992
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Naif1992, May 19, 2020

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, May 19, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 19, 2020
  4. twynog Win User

My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, May 19, 2020
Thema:

My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive

1. My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Wrongly Assigns Driver

2. My external hard drive is lagging my pc and isn't opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive is lagging my pc and isn't opening: So i've had this hdd for a year and it was working fine and all until a couple of months ago i found a compressed 46gb copy of a game that i deleted a while ago from my old pc so i tried extracting it then suddenly the hdd froze so i unplugged it and plugged it again and it...
  3. My external hard drive is lagging my pc and isn't opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external hard drive is lagging my pc and isn't opening: So i've had this hdd for a year and it was working fine and all until a couple of months ago i found a compressed 46gb copy of a game that i deleted a while ago from my old pc so i tried extracting it then suddenly the hdd froze so i unplugged it and plugged it again and it...
  4. About my external hard drive.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About my external hard drive.....: I have my Windows 11 laptop and I bought this transcend hard drive and it has been working well for about a week...but since yesterday when I plug my hard drive in it doesn't show in the file manager but it shows when I install the transcend app and even in the device and...
  5. About my external hard drive.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About my external hard drive.....: I have my Windows 11 laptop and I bought this transcend hard drive and it has been working well for about a week...but since yesterday when I plug my hard drive in it doesn't show in the file manager but it shows when I install the transcend app and even in the device and...
  6. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  7. External Hard drive drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard drive drivers: Since the windows 10 update my external hard drive no longer works...it says I need the driver...how do I get a driver for it so I can see my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-drivers/1936ebce-1725-4ab5-b9a0-d1af860aa8b0
  8. My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC Wrongly Assigns a Driver to my External Hard Drive: Hello guys, I have 11 hard drives connected to my PC. They're all Seagate's Ironwolf 8TB. I use to enclosures to connected all of these hard drives: Terramaster 5 bay (5 drives connected to it) D5-300 Mediasonic 8 bay (6 drives connected to it)...
  9. backing up my pc to external hard drive

backing up my pc to external hard drive: I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-my-pc-to-external-hard-drive/67268df7-b95b-46be-8afd-8d2d85f87e24
  10. my external hard drive is NOT recognised

my external hard drive is NOT recognised: I have Windows 10 Home edition, How do I find Windows.old And How do I install my External Hard Drive, it does NOT show up on my PC. I need help asap. Please....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb asm1352