Windows 10: My PC's bootup is VERY SLOW...

Discus and support My PC's bootup is VERY SLOW... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop. When I start my PC it boot ups very slow. It takes approximately 3 minutes just to get me to sign in screen. In beginning Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yash_Garg, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Yash_Garg Win User

My PC's bootup is VERY SLOW...

I have an Acer laptop. When I start my PC it boot ups very slow. It takes approximately 3 minutes just to get me to sign in screen.

In beginning Acer logo comes with loading sign for approx 1 minute, after that blank screen for some seconds and after that windows screen with loading sign and "Please Wait" and after some time only loading sign remains on screen and "Please wait " disappears.

After that it takes me to sign in and after i sign in it still takes time to set up and load taskbar icons and lags upto 3-4 minutes to get stable. But after that it works perfectly fine..
    I already tried solutions given on internet and later even reset it "Fresh Start" but no use..

Please help I am frustated from this..

:)

Yash_Garg, Apr 1, 2020

2. Bootup Process Suddenly Became Very Long

I have manually installed Windows on my prebuild PC. Usually the bootup process took 15 seconds at most. Recently I started noticing very slow reboot speeds and soon after that the bootup process also became very slow. Here is what I see when I boot the
    PC up:

• ASUS Logo with a spinner below
    • Just a spinner on a black background
    • Plain green screen (green is my accent colour) for about 10 seconds
    Usually I would only see the ASUS logo with a spinner and then the lockscreen would show up. I can't recall doing anything weird recently, apart from using a tool called GeekUninstaller to force the removal of some third-party software.

The PC has become very slow to turn on. Is there any way to check which processes are taking so long to be started?

Patryk Michalik, Apr 1, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Zsan#1 Win User

How Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup And Restart Issue

Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup And
    Restart Issue

Zsan#1, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC's bootup is VERY SLOW... - Similar Threads - PC's bootup VERY

2. Very Slow PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Slow PC: Windows 11. PC becomes very slow, and almost freezes with CPU and Memory both at 60%. Then after a long time, the screen goes black for a few seconds and comes on again with the PC now becoming absolutely fine. Now, CPU shows at below 10%. Please help. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X...
  3. My pc is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is very slow: Hello, A few days ago, I wanted to reset my computer because I had too many files and I wanted to get rid of them. When I reset it, I got an error and my computer kept restarting. I had to buy a new version of Window to get it to work and since then it has been extremely slow...
  4. My pc is very slow

My pc is very slow: Hello, A few days ago, I wanted to reset my computer because I had too many files and I wanted to get rid of them. When I reset it, I got an error and my computer kept restarting. I had to buy a new version of Window to get it to work and since then it has been extremely slow...
  5. PC very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC very slow: My pc recently started to be very slow and I don't know the reason for why it's slow. It might be because my ssd is full where my windows is installed on but I don't understand why is my SSD full so fast because 2 days ago I left it 19gb free and now it's 1,4gb free...
  6. PC very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow: My pc recently started to be very slow and I don't know the reason for why it's slow. It might be because my ssd is full where my windows is installed on but I don't understand why is my SSD full so fast because 2 days ago I left it 19gb free and now it's 1,4gb free...
  7. PC very slow

8. PC Very slow

PC Very slow: Can anyone help with sorting a slow PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-very-slow/c15cbabe-12f4-4dd7-a945-de658f412325
  9. My PC is very slow?

My PC is very slow?: Hi. I don't know what happen to my PC. It becomes very slow to run. I take more then 10mins to see my desktop !! I turn the launch app off and nothing change!! What could I do to improve my PC performance? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on...
  10. Slow Bootup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Bootup.: After installing the most recent Windows, my Toshiba Satellite is taking any where from 20 - 45 Minute to boot up. I have reduced the programs that start when the computer is turned on. Still no change....