Windows 10: My pc's disc drive

Discus and support My pc's disc drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; additional info: when I go to settings and click to select my disc drive, it does not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FRED W THOMPSON, Sep 9, 2018.

1. My pc's disc drive

additional info: when I go to settings and click to select my disc drive, it does not show up

:)

FRED W THOMPSON, Sep 9, 2018

2. No Drive C Disc error reapires at startup

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• For which drive are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What error are you getting?
    • Are you referring to Disc drive or Hard drive?
    If it is a Drive partition of the hard drive let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Start and type This PC.
    • On top you can see file ribbon. Select a drive and Click on
      manage.
    • Select Optimize. Select the Drive which you want to optimize.
    • Click on analyze and click Optimize.
    • Restart the PC and check.
    Note: This might take a long time to analyze and optimize. So better keep the laptop plugged in to charger. If the laptop shuts down in between the process it may cause issues.

I would suggest you to install the pending updates logging into Microsoft account.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 9, 2018
  3. I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 9, 2018
  4. My pc's disc drive

DVD / CD disc drive not recoqnized after Windows 10 installation (HP - PC 64)

Hi Hansvan,

As you are unable to access CD/DVD disc on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?

• What exactly happens when you try to access CD/ DVD disc drive?

• Were you able to see any error message/ error notification with this issue?

• Have you connected the drive to your computer and check if it is detected in Device Manager?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

My pc's disc drive

1. My pc's disc drive - Similar Threads - pc's disc drive

2. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About my external disc drive: I bought a external disc drive for my laptop and it said it was blocked for my protection but I follow the prompts that I read and my screen on my laptop went black...
  3. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About my external disc drive: I bought a external disc drive for my laptop and it said it was blocked for my protection but I follow the prompts that I read and my screen on my laptop went black...
  4. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.

My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.: I have Windows 10 on my PC. Recently I tried moving files but a pop keeps saying "insert disc into DVD drive". I tried updating the driver, as was suggested in other forums, but it had no effect. Restarted several times. Nothing changed. How can I save or move files? Having...
  6. Disc drive

Disc drive: I have a Toshiba Satellite C850D-107 laptop and the disk drive doesn't recognise when I put a cd in. I'm trying to add some cd's to my Itunes library. There's the usual whirring sound but then nothing. The laptop has the latest updates I went in to device manager and tried...
  7. disc drive

disc drive: How do you open the disc drive if there even is one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive/c5e47bc9-b058-40b2-be84-7aa3690620a5
  8. disc drive on my older pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    disc drive on my older pc: I have a Toshiba PC that's about 11 years old. I recently had a new hard drive put in ...now my disc drive no longer lets me play dvds...how do I get it back ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive-on-my-older-pc/40bf736f-3ffb-405f-b77d-c3da1016b87a
  9. my disc drive isn't working

my disc drive isn't working: I just got this new school laptop and I decided to stick my cock in the disc drive and now my genital herpes are bleeding please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disc-drive-isnt-working/274b082e-8df1-42a4-9b34-66a2965c315c
  10. My pc's disc drive

My pc's disc drive: How do I eject a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-pcs-disc-drive/01481afe-d5ca-47ee-8b13-1f7c2e01a7c4