Windows 10: My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system

Discus and support My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my PC had a few crashes, and every boot would say “non system or desk error” something like that, after trying over and over to get the bios to detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eeve2espeon, Aug 5, 2020.

1. My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system

my PC had a few crashes, and every boot would say “non system or desk error” something like that, after trying over and over to get the bios to detect this hard drive, it still doesn’t detect it... even after swapping cables.

I can hear the hard drive start up, but its never detected... what do i do? I’ve still got important files on this drive!

:)

Eeve2espeon, Aug 5, 2020

2. many times when i restart my PC.. my motherboard won’t detect or boot from my HDD

hello ladies and gentlemens

can you help me please *Frown My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system :(

the problem is when i (( restart )) my pc ... many times not just sometimes its like 70% my motherboard won’t boot or detect my main hard drive .. and its very annoying

and the only way to make it boot is to force it to shut down by pressing power button ( front case )
    and this is my last option after trying to restart again
    because i don’t like to turn off my pc suddenly , i think it can damage hard drives on " long term"

do you think the problem in the hard drive ? or motherboard ? or what ?
    and the weird thing i think this only happen when i (restart)

i appreciate any suggestions or info

specs :

Asrock FATAL1TY Z170 PROFESSIONAL GAMING I7 motherboard
    WD Black 2TB Performance 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache - WD2003FZEX hard drive .. connected to (SATA3_0) which is recommended in owner manual
    EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W power supply ( more than enough for my pc )

also i have other hard drives , but they have nothing to do with boot problems i think ( they don’t have system , only for files storage )

1TB WD blue 7200 RPM - WD10EZEX connected to (SATA3_1)

and 2.5 inch hard drive connected to (SATA3_2)

if you need more info about my pc , click on (System Specs)

i have this problem for long time , but i was lazy and busy to write about it

best regards ❤ *Toast :toast:

IBRAHIM_007, Aug 5, 2020
  3. redeye Win User
    many times when i restart my PC.. my motherboard won’t detect or boot from my HDD

At this point, i would remove your boot drive, keep everything the same, get a spare/blank hdd and install windows to see if you can get a working system... (might remove the other drives )

Or if that is not possible install linux, on a blank drive just to check if the system will boot...

I am not suggesting a reinstall just a test on a blank drive, a new install of the OS.
    If you can not get a new OS running, you might me SOL.

redeye, Aug 5, 2020
  4. My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system

PC won’t boot up, stuck on “Restoring previous version”

So after downloading the most recent windows 10 update, my PC won’t boot. It turns on, displays my motherboard logo and such and then goes to a black screen that says “restoring your previous version of windows...”. This will only stay on the screen for
    a second or two before it starts over. I am able to enter the BIOS/boot menu but haven’t found anything that allows me to boot. I am not able to do anything else during this process besides entering the bios. Many of the solutions I found online say to do
    something while it is booting up, like entering safe mode, but it won’t let me. I also found a lot of “solutions” that require me to be logged in and making changes, but that obviously that isn’t an option.

DevinBurns, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system

1. My PCs HDD starts up, but isn’t detected and won’t boot the system - Similar Threads - PCs HDD starts

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  4. My computer won’t start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t start up: I installed a restore point onto my computer. That installed fine however it then had to restart. I waited almost 14 hours for the computer to restart and ended up having to turn it off from the power button. The computer now doesn’t load onto windows when turned on and...
  5. My computer won’t start up

My computer won’t start up: I installed a restore point onto my computer. That installed fine however it then had to restart. I waited almost 14 hours for the computer to restart and ended up having to turn it off from the power button. The computer now doesn’t load onto windows when turned on and...
  6. My laptop won’t start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up: We have tried all the options within troubleshooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-start-up/3400b41f-aa52-43c1-b5d3-bd8ac03b137a
  7. My laptop won’t start up

My laptop won’t start up: We have tried all the options within troubleshooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-start-up/3400b41f-aa52-43c1-b5d3-bd8ac03b137a
  8. My laptop won’t start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My laptop won’t start up

My laptop won’t start up: I updated my laptop on Thursday. When i went to start it up on Friday the screen remained black. But the power light is on? I tried charging it for a few hours, but it still wont turn on. Theres no way for me to take out the battery, and the cord is working fine. Any...
  10. My pc isn’t booting up

My pc isn’t booting up: When i turn my pc on it stars to load then i get an error message .0xc00000e9 and wont boot windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-pc-isnt-booting-up/826f3c98-9bbc-4717-bfbe-d07ac02e17f3