Windows 10: My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full

Discus and support My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm currently on Windows 10 1909. My OS was freshly installed just recently (around 5 months ago) due to some issue with my laptop not updating to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joseph StephenChua, Sep 17, 2019.

1. My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full

I'm currently on Windows 10 1909. My OS was freshly installed just recently (around 5 months ago) due to some issue with my laptop not updating to the newer versions of Windows 10. I only started to notice the issue when I did a major OS Upgrade (I don't remember which one specifically but I think it was from 1809 to 1903?).

Basically my computer starts up normally (around 18-20% RAM Usage on startup) then slowly starts eating through my RAM the longer it's left on. After about 12 hours, it's filled itself up to 65% RAM Usage. If I leave it on for even longer, it will eventually fill itself all the way to 99%. I have 16GB of RAM. Opening the task manager doesn't really explain much. The processes listed in the memory tab add up to about 2.5GB despite the fact that my RAM Usage is at around 10GB right now. I don't have any antiviruses aside from Windows Defender and it hasn't found anything malicious. I've attached screenshots from the resource monitor and RAMMap if they help. Any help would be appreciated as i've been dealing with this for quite a long time now :|

My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full 322f4733-56d7-4c4d-844e-a47b830917d7?upload=true.png My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full 0890b0ec-80e1-4f49-85f4-93f71c758790?upload=true.png My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full 4c4aef18-9c71-4a65-95b4-8060affa67db?upload=true.png My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full 977ff67f-b119-4cbb-8add-2403bd22c927?upload=true.png

:)

Joseph StephenChua, Sep 17, 2019

2. SSD keeps filling up

My SSD keeps slowly filling up, when my computer is on. Then when i restart my computer, i takes around an hour, and it says the message "configuring windows". When the computer is launched again, my ssd i back to normal capacity, but slowly fills up again.
    But the wierd thing is, it only started to happen, after i did a complete re installation of my computer.

MikkelFriis, Sep 17, 2019
  3. SSD keeps filling up

Hey Carlos

So i just did reinstall my windows operating system, through windows it self. And before i did it, the problem wasn't there.

And by slowly filling up, i mean that over time the SSD (or c drive) is being filled up with files. But when i look in the c drive, nothing has changed. And yes i have done so i can see all the hidden folders. Its a 120gb SSD and the windows installation
    fills up around 30-40gbit, so the rest is free space. It is slowly filling up the ~80gb up over 4-5 hours. Then when i restart the pc is back to the ~80gb of free space and slowly fills up again.

MikkelFriis, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full

1. My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full - Similar Threads - PC's RAM keeps

2. Disk filling up until a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk filling up until a reboot: I have a VM running in ESXi with Windows Server 2019 running some application that writes data to drive Z not the system disk, NTFS, 500GB capacity.When looking in disk properties I see the disk has 50GB free but when summing up the file sizes on the disk they sum to 407.5GB...
  3. Disk filling up until a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk filling up until a reboot: I have a VM running in ESXi with Windows Server 2019 running some application that writes data to drive Z not the system disk, NTFS, 500GB capacity.When looking in disk properties I see the disk has 50GB free but when summing up the file sizes on the disk they sum to 407.5GB...
  4. My c drive is filling up itself!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive is filling up itself!: So i have this problem with my c drive for years, but i didn't find any solution my c drive is 110 he used to fill up automatically like 60 gb left free from 64, but now is 55 gb free and i don't find any reason why this happend, and i scanned my c drive with my bitdifender...
  5. My c drive is filling up itself!

My c drive is filling up itself!: So i have this problem with my c drive for years, but i didn't find any solution my c drive is 110 he used to fill up automatically like 60 gb left free from 64, but now is 55 gb free and i don't find any reason why this happend, and i scanned my c drive with my bitdifender...
  6. C dsik space is keep filling slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C dsik space is keep filling slowly: Hi My c disk space keeps filling slowly i already lost 600mb in 2 days it not virus i reinstalled windows 4 times even changed ssd i tryed use treesize but it wont help pls help it keeps filling slowly i clear temp files and it not system restore or hibranet pls hellp...
  7. C dsik space is keep filling slowly

C dsik space is keep filling slowly: Hi My c disk space keeps filling slowly i already lost 600mb in 2 days it not virus i reinstalled windows 4 times even changed ssd i tryed use treesize but it wont help pls help it keeps filling slowly i clear temp files and it not system restore or hibranet pls hellp...
  8. C dsik space is keep filling slowly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Non system HDD drive keeps filling up itself. I delete files. It fills itself magically....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non system HDD drive keeps filling up itself. I delete files. It fills itself magically....: Aight, the saga continiues. My windows 10 pc's 3rd hdd (regular hdd, drive E:) keeps filling up. Yesterday I thought I was imagining it and that I just forgot to delete files. So I deleted some files and had free space. Behold - today the HDD is full again. Any ideas what...
  10. Hard disk keeps filling up by itself win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk keeps filling up by itself win 10: My space on local disk C keeps filling up by itself and E disk is working fine. I clear up 50 gb refresh its 49.9 and it keeps going to 0. I tried alot of solutions online and nothing helps. I found one video where you delete 0 mb file and that file keeps backups and guy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram filling up by itself