Windows 10: My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.

Discus and support My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here's what happens. Everything connected to my computer pauses or glitches for about 5 seconds. My mouse stops working. The RGB effect on my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dimdom94, Jun 21, 2019.

1. dimdom94 Win User

My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.

Here's what happens. Everything connected to my computer pauses or glitches for about 5 seconds. My mouse stops working. The RGB effect on my keyboard freezes. Audio stops working or starts glitching. Video freezes, or sometimes will continue working. I can usually hear one of my hard drives whine.

I have already tried a completely fresh reinstall of Windows. I think either one of my devices is failing or maybe I have a faulty driver. I'm just not sure the best way to diagnose the issue, as it only happens every 30 to 2 hours, and it happens unpredictably. I looked at the S.M.A.R.T. results for my hard drives and they all seem to be good (I can provide this info if you want).

Here's a list of my components and some the devices connected to my PC:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E

Intel i7 8700k

G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2 x 8GB)

NVIDIA GTX 1070

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (with the Focusrite driver)

Corsair STRAFE keyboard (with the iCue software)

Corsair SCIMITAR mouse (with the iCue software)

:)

dimdom94, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 21, 2019
  4. My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.

1. My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds. - Similar Threads - peripherals randomly freeze

2. Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...: Hello,So this started occurring recently and I'm just curious as to what's causing it. Sometimes [maybe once every few days or so] my computer will randomly freeze after I open an application or something for about 5-10 seconds, the taskbar will disappear, Discord will close...
  3. Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...: Hello,So this started occurring recently and I'm just curious as to what's causing it. Sometimes [maybe once every few days or so] my computer will randomly freeze after I open an application or something for about 5-10 seconds, the taskbar will disappear, Discord will close...
  4. Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  6. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  7. My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds: Hi! Since a few days ago my ehternet connection has been unstable, as I said in the title it drops to zero at random intervals for around 5 seconds at a time - see image below;another image for refrence; To fix this i've tried to;* re-installl the drivers* update the drivers*...
  8. Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second: I was playing Spellbreak when this started happening. For context, I was using my GPU to mine ethereum for about 4 weeks prior to this. I would leave my computer running overnight using a program called MSI Afterburner to limit power to 80%, memory clock to 699 MHz, and...
  9. Peripherals are randomly disconnecting for 10 seconds or so

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Peripherals are randomly disconnecting for 10 seconds or so: In short, my peripherals will randomly disconnect for around 10 seconds. I can live with this, but after a couple times they just permanently disconnect until I restart my pc. I've found people online with similar issues but haven't found a solution. Every USB device...
  10. Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds: Hi Since July I have started to be confronted with an issue in games which causes the game to freeze for about 3 to 5 seconds and this happens randomly throughout gameplay with gaps of every 5 seconds to every 1 or 2 minutes which makes the gameplay unenjoyable. I have...