Windows 10: My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft

Discus and support My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; <I have been on tech support twice and both time the tech fails to fix my system and just logs off remote assistance. My system is completly usless... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KevinMeredith, Dec 17, 2018.

1. My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft

<I have been on tech support twice and both time the tech fails to fix my system and just logs off remote assistance. My system is completly usless with over 25 GB of files I have no idea what they are. They have all been locked down with admin rights i don't have, yyet this is my personal system not used for school or work. How can I remove this and who is doing it"

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-****23" Path="UUP\Desktop\EditionPackages\he-il\Client\baseless\amd64fre_Client_he-il_lp.psf" PayloadType="ExpressPSF" />
    </Payload>
    </Package>
    </Packages>
    </CompDB>

:)

KevinMeredith, Dec 17, 2018
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Dec 17, 2018
  3. dat789 Win User
    Burgled -- New laptop taken

It was last week and I'm still quite upset over this. Recently got a Sony Vaio and it was not even 3 weeks old when it was taken.

Are there any experts out there who can, with details of MAC address, etc., trace the location of the laptop (therefore, also the low life burglar)?

I mean what is the fate of stolen laptops besides the obvious sale.

The laptop runs on Windows 7 (64-bit) and is requires a passphrase at the logon screen. What are the first few steps to take before making the loot saleable?

ps. my passport was also taken. Seriously!?!! What good is it to the burglar?!

dat789, Dec 17, 2018
  4. SaiZo Win User

My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft

Burgled -- New laptop taken

Hi, sorry to hear this. It's a f***d up world. A guy I used to work with, if I recall correctly he could track laptops and such. Doesn't come free exactly, but reading that your pass was taken aswell, maybe I could persuade him. He still owns me some favours.

Did it all happen in London where you live?

SaiZo, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft

1. My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft - Similar Threads - persoal laptop has

2. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  3. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  4. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over: Updated from old Router to new Xfinity Gateway. The Router is completely unplugged from everything with no power, I still have access to two WIFI networks that were from the old router but somehow are still available. I can still log in and use them even when I have my Router...
  6. Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over

Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over: Updated from old Router to new Xfinity Gateway. The Router is completely unplugged from everything with no power, I still have access to two WIFI networks that were from the old router but somehow are still available. I can still log in and use them even when I have my Router...
  7. Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. OneDrive has taken Over

OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  9. Microsoft Sign has taken over my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign has taken over my computer: I cant sign in anywhere, and if I get a new password, within a few hours it starts saying incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sign-has-taken-over-my-computer/ce316863-d39a-4609-b843-182376b9f4de
  10. One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!: I haven't used one drive in quite a while, but got a notification that I had files uploaded and to buy more space. I decided to log in to one drive to see what I had stored. One drive moved multiple folders, including work save folders and so on to one drive. I now can NOT...