Windows 10: My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker

Discus and support My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1. Dear Microsoft Team,My name is Nataliya.I have been staying in England since May 2022 due to the war in my country, Ukraine. On March 2,2023 my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Наталья Тарасова1, Mar 27, 2023.

1. My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker

1. Dear Microsoft Team,My name is Nataliya.I have been staying in England since May 2022 due to the war in my country, Ukraine. On March 2,2023 my laptop was blocked by Bitlocker, which prevented my work and resulted in moral and financial damages.Details:1. I’m the first and only owner of this laptop Asus, Serial number is available upon requst, the original package box is available in Ukraine , which I can prove by questions about its files and documents. Besides, I remember very well the last files and their content, key words, etc. which I created and worked with.2. I bou

:)

Наталья Тарасова1, Mar 27, 2023

2. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Hi,

On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no bitlocker key listed. I am at a loss on what the next steps might be for me to be able to log into my computer at this point.

Carl

CarlDAnderson, Mar 27, 2023
  3. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 27, 2023
  4. My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker

Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker

1. My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker - Similar Threads - personal laptop has

2. My laptop has basically been blocked how do I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has basically been blocked how do I open it?: I have forgot my pin on my laptop and it is not showing the I forgot my pin option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-basically-been-blocked-how-do-i-open/aa446354-a143-4522-8fe1-61fc9f2c74bf
  3. My laptop has basically been blocked how do I open it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has basically been blocked how do I open it?: I have forgot my pin on my laptop and it is not showing the I forgot my pin option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-basically-been-blocked-how-do-i-open/aa446354-a143-4522-8fe1-61fc9f2c74bf
  4. My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker

My personal laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker: 1. Dear Microsoft Team,My name is Nataliya.I have been staying in England since May 2022 due to the war in my country, Ukraine. On March 2,2023 my laptop was blocked by Bitlocker, which prevented my work and resulted in moral and financial damages.Details:1. I’m the first and...
  5. My Community profile has been blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Community profile has been blocked: My brother had uploaded some random stuff in the community page and my profile has been blocked... How do I remedy this. I have logged into most of my office related and other important stuff with that email and now I cant even access my community page. Do help me....
  6. My Community profile has been blocked

My Community profile has been blocked: My brother had uploaded some random stuff in the community page and my profile has been blocked... How do I remedy this. I have logged into most of my office related and other important stuff with that email and now I cant even access my community page. Do help me....
  7. Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop: Does anyone know how I fix my Dell laptop when the Bitlocker recovery screen comes up? I tried to log into my Microsoft acct under devices and Bitlocker recovery manage recovery but get a blank page. So I’ve no way of getting the key. I’ve also tried to reset computer,...
  8. Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop

Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop: Does anyone know how I fix my Dell laptop when the Bitlocker recovery screen comes up? I tried to log into my Microsoft acct under devices and Bitlocker recovery manage recovery but get a blank page. So I’ve no way of getting the key. I’ve also tried to reset computer,...
  9. Access to Laptop has been blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Laptop has been blocked: Access to Laptop Pc has been blocked said to contact Windows Support with a toll free number. Called & they said needed to access my computer. Is this real?...
  10. This App Has Been Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This App Has Been Blocked: I just installed windows 10 on an older laptop upgrade from 7. I am trying to install - install root 5.5 on my computer the install wizard opens but partially through the install I get a red window with the message "this app has been blocked for your protection an...