Windows 10: My Personal Review of Windows Defender Performance on Windows 10 1803

Discus and support My Personal Review of Windows Defender Performance on Windows 10 1803 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Personal Review of Windows Defender is as follows, a little too slow on scans for my tastes, 8-12 hours for one full scan is ridicoulus on both... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 7, 2018.

1. AMDMan2016 Win User

My Personal Review of Windows Defender Performance on Windows 10 1803

My Personal Review of Windows Defender is as follows, a little too slow on scans for my tastes, 8-12 hours for one full scan is ridicoulus on both Intel I7 7700 based Desktop and Laptop, Both have SSD boot drives, and hopefully fast enough storage drive, Upgrading storage drive asap here on Desktop with Western Digital Black Drive for more performance

For now sticks with Avast Free maybe til 1809 Clean install, then maybe gives Defender one more shot

I'd restore a system image now and retry it possibly, but seems everytime i restore system image end up stuck on Windows 10 Home on the Desktop, guess picks it up from bios key or something, last time i restored image ended up having to clean install second time to get back to Pro edition

Anyways my personal opinion

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Static~Charge Win User

Windows 10 1803 doesn't play nice with some Intel SSDs

Legit Reviews is reporting that Windows 10 1803 has issues with some Intel SSDs, specifically their 600p series: "When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly." Microsoft and/or Intel are working on a fix.

Static~Charge, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. My Personal Review of Windows Defender Performance on Windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Personal Review Defender

2. No Windows Defender Icon with Windows 10 1803

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Windows Defender Icon with Windows 10 1803: How to get back the Windows Defender Icon in Windows 10 version 1803? It used to be in the Taskbar notification area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-defender-icon-with-windows-10-1803/8f8e5b03-1014-4755-abe9-737dc6386962"
  3. Windows Defender Device Performance and Health issues

Windows Defender Device Performance and Health issues: I noticed today that my Windows Defender had the yellow warning symbol that Actions Recommended. So I went to the Windows Defender Device Performance and Health control panel and I ran the Troubleshooter and detected that my Temporary Internet Files are in a different...
  4. Windows Defender Device Performance and Health issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Device Performance and Health issues: I noticed today that my Windows Defender had the yellow warning symbol that Actions Recommended. So I went to the Windows Defender Device Performance and Health control panel and I ran the Troubleshooter and detected that my Temporary Internet Files are in a different...
  5. Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?

Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information. This is the message I get when I try to scan a drive using windows defender (right click and scan using windows...
  6. Windows 10 personalize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 personalize: [ATTACH] just wondering why there is a duplicate picture (first and fifth picture). I tried using 5 different images to refresh the 5 pictures under the "choose your picture" section but the first and fifth backgrounds never go out of the loop. When i did use 5 different...
  7. Windows 10 [1803] PATA performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 [1803] PATA performance: Hello. I have just formatted and clean installed latest w10 17134.112 on a 2006 laptop (core 2 duo T2050 cpu, 1GB DDR2). The issue I have for this pc is that performance is abysmal (specially the PATA harddrive attached to Intel 8280GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) controller), even...
  8. Windows Defender No Longer Performs AutoScan

Windows Defender No Longer Performs AutoScan: Hi There, I use Windows Defender on Windows 10 and have never had an issue. However, late last week it stopped performing its daily auto scans. I have not made any recent changes to my PC and do not use any other real time AV programs. The good news is it still updates its...
  9. Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.: Review. I like Windows 10, and the new features. For starters, it looks better, so much nicer, and futuristic since we are getting into that age now. I like that it resembles the past previous Windows with the start menu, bring in the old, but make it new. I like the way...
  10. Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined: It’s not a secret anymore and no matter how hard one tries not to admit it, Windows 8 failed to meet expectations and instead of changing the way we work on our computers, it actually made things worse and caused confusion on a platform that was already familiar to pretty...