Windows 10: My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

Discus and support My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - My personalized settings for background pictures keep reverting back to the Windows 10 defalt, Windows Spotlight. This happens every day,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SICI Teacher, Dec 24, 2019.

1. My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

Hello -

My personalized settings for background pictures keep reverting back to the Windows 10 defalt, Windows Spotlight. This happens every day, throughout the day. I switch it to slideshow and it will pull up the pictures from my selected folder as expected but then reverts when I think my PC goes to sleep or the screen times out.

Additionally, I can't change the Lockscreen picture at all. Even though I select Slideshow, I can only get the Windows Spotlight picture ... which RARELY changes.

I have tried saving my settings as customized theme but that did not fix the problem.

HP Pavilion Desktop, AMD A10, 8 GB RAM

Windows 10 Home, v1903, installed 8/26/2019

I would like the personalized setting to stay as set, even after the computer screen times out, the PC is locked, or sleeps/shuts down. Any suggestions?

:)

SICI Teacher, Dec 24, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How do I reset display, colours, background to default?

Hello,

Windows 10 has a feature to let you personalize the display settings and also has a feature to change the settings to the way Windows originally set them up. For us to help you with this concern, kindly follow the steps below to revert the changes on your
    display settings:

• Click the Windows icon and type in Control Panel. Select the top most result.
    • In the Appearance and Personalization section, choose
      Change the Theme
      . Choose Windows from the Windows Default Themes section.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 24, 2019
  4. My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

1. My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default - Similar Threads - personalized display settings

2. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  3. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  4. Windows Personalization Back To Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Personalization Back To Default: Hi, Someone thought they were doing me a favor by changing my Personalization setting. Is there a way to change my Personalization setting back to the default? I've looked everywhere I can't find a way to do this. Thanks, Paul...
  5. Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default: My mom has been having this problem with Windows 10 for the past few years, first with her desktop just completely crashing (Bluescreening and the whole shibang). However now, with her laptop, its been updating fine for the most part. But its been acting oddly. It deletes...
  6. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  7. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  8. Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default: Hi! After latest update, Windows keeps reverting my apps to default. For example, my default music app/program is Winamp, and after a while I'll just find that it is Groove music again. It is not a huge problem, but you see how it can be irritating. Also, Windows 10 won't...
  9. Display langage reverted back

in Windows 10 Support
    Display langage reverted back: I bought a laptop Acer in Germany with Windows 10 (german language, of course). I've replaced the german language with the italian language, everything went smoothly and I perfectly used the laptop for some days. Unfortunately since a windows update I've some text in...
  10. Windows 10 font size display settings revert back

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 font size display settings revert back: I know you folks must have heard this one already. When I try to customize my font size display settings (see attached), they revert back to default after a reboot. I did a fresh install of Win 10, and this was the first thing I checked, just to make sure nothing was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHY are my windows persenalization reverting back to default