Windows 10: My phone app crashes when trying to see photos

Discus and support My phone app crashes when trying to see photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I've just installed the new "My Phone" companion app and I'm trying to see my phone's (One Plus 6) photos through the computer. When I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kfirsde, Nov 30, 2019.

1. kfirsde Win User

My phone app crashes when trying to see photos

Hello! I've just installed the new "My Phone" companion app and I'm trying to see my phone's (One Plus 6) photos through the computer.

When I'm clicking on the photos button, the app crashes after 5 seconds. After that, every time I'm opening the app again, it is stuck in the photos menu and crashes again. To prevent it from crashing I have to reset the app through Windows settings.

I really want the photos feature, can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

:)

kfirsde, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Photos app crashes when trying to print

Does it crash if you try a different printer? Suggest you uninstall the printer driver then reinstall the latest driver. I guess you have uninstalled/reinstalled the Photos app? Have you tried the Store Apps Troubleshooter, sfc /scannow, chkdsk c; /f etc.?

Steve C, Nov 30, 2019
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Nov 30, 2019
  4. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. My phone app crashes when trying to see photos - Similar Threads - phone app crashes

2. photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy: .Save option is working only save as copy is not working and get the app crash without any error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-getting-crashed-when-trying-to-save/64fd56c8-a159-4ba0-92b0-a49c6d888df0
  3. photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy: .Save option is working only save as copy is not working and get the app crash without any error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-getting-crashed-when-trying-to-save/64fd56c8-a159-4ba0-92b0-a49c6d888df0
  4. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  5. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  6. Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....: When I connect a camera or insert a SD Card into the laptop, the Photo App opens and finds the new photos, then I click on "Change Destination" to create a new folder to store the photos, a dialog window opens and I create the folder, when i click on "Add this folder to...."...
  7. My Phone App and photo transferring

My Phone App and photo transferring: I am trying to get my photes off my phone into my laptop but am running into all kinds of issues. First I thought I would use the My Phone App but apparently it is registered under my other gmail account and I cannot figure out how to change it. Then, I thought my picks...
  8. Your Phone app crashes when trying to access Phone Screen

Your Phone app crashes when trying to access Phone Screen: Your Phone app crashes when trying to access Phone Screen. App says "Connecting to your phone", then "We need permission to display your phone screen" as shown below[ATTACH]At first my Samsung prompted me to check my Keyboard settings, and I did but nothing there. Tried...
  9. Photos App crashes when importing photos

Photos App crashes when importing photos: I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are my photos on my pc. Can someone please help...
  10. Photos app crashes when trying to print

Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...