Windows 10: my photos app is completely FUBAR.

Discus and support my photos app is completely FUBAR. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It won't allow me to upload photos nor even access my older photos :You don't have permission to access that folder comes up. I've tried repair, reset,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kay79(2), Mar 22, 2019.

1. kay79(2) Win User

my photos app is completely FUBAR.

It won't allow me to upload photos nor even access my older photos :You don't have permission to access that folder comes up. I've tried repair, reset, and uninstall without luck.

:)

kay79(2), Mar 22, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 22, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2019
  4. my photos app is completely FUBAR.

Is the Photos App completely broken? It opens but crashes after 5 seconds.

There were so many errors in the system I just wiped everything and did a clean install. However, the Photos app still crashes immediately after opening it. I tried all the steps listed above and the problem persists. Creating a new user and doing a clean
    boot have no effect. The SFC scan reports no errors now, which is good, but the Photos app will not work despite trying everything that has been suggested. Also, the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps found no problems. Which is amusing, since there clearly is
    one.

To recap, despite trying all methods listed above, including a clean install to clear everything and make sure I have all current updates...Photos does not work.

I'd really like to hear a suggestion as to what to do next.

BrianBeagle, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

my photos app is completely FUBAR.

1. my photos app is completely FUBAR. - Similar Threads - photos app completely

2. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  3. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  4. My file registry seems to be Fubar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file registry seems to be Fubar.: Hello Microsoftians,I have completely wrecked my system folders while trying to play with the OneDrive folder. I remember on an older device I had moved OneDrive to the desktop and had it mounted as a seperate drive and those things seemed to work pretty fluidly. On my new...
  5. My file registry seems to be Fubar.

My file registry seems to be Fubar.: Hello Microsoftians,I have completely wrecked my system folders while trying to play with the OneDrive folder. I remember on an older device I had moved OneDrive to the desktop and had it mounted as a seperate drive and those things seemed to work pretty fluidly. On my new...
  6. Disk I/O FUBARed by update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk I/O FUBARed by update: Everything was more or less okay with my Win10 laptop for 1.5 years. Then suddenly after the .5GB cumulative update from April for my already installed 2004, these problems arose: -disk usage is almost always 100%. Transfer rate is usually low, as <50KB/s. 'System' (PID4) is...
  7. Update FUBAR.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update FUBAR.: Everything was fine till I tried your BS update. Now I can barelly get pc to boot after holding pwr button down to force shut off after 6 or 7 times it might work might not? I dont know what **** sandwihces yall put in but getting a F from me....
  8. photos completely disappeared from my laptop

photos completely disappeared from my laptop: Hi my photo gallery and photos completely disappeared . is there a way i can find them to get them all back? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-completely-disappeared-from-my-laptop/455999c7-349e-4e2e-97a2-772d448ff375
  9. Windows 10 fubar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fubar: What has Microsoft done to Windows 10 to make my keyboard somewhat incompatible with it? My biggest gripe is that the 10 key no longer works. I had a wireless keyboard and it did not work, so I assumed it was broken and recycled it. I put n my Dell wired keyboard and no...
  10. My photos app

My photos app: Photos app does not work. It stopped working after a July 17th update. I have rebooted by computer, deleted the app and reinstalled but still does not work. Had difficulty deleting app because when I right click on app I do not get and uninstall menu. Can anyone help....