Windows 10: my photos app keeps closing on it's own

Discus and support my photos app keeps closing on it's own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my photos app keeps closing on it's own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TedHoeffken, Dec 17, 2018.

1. my photos app keeps closing on it's own

my photos app keeps closing on it's own

:)

TedHoeffken, Dec 17, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 17, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 17, 2018
  4. my photos app keeps closing on it's own

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

my photos app keeps closing on it's own

1. my photos app keeps closing on it's own - Similar Threads - photos app keeps

2. Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?: I own a surface pro 8 on Windows 11 and recently, every time I minimize a window, especially using OneNote or the Mail application, it will close out maybe two seconds after I minimized it. It is not in the taskbar at all and so I have to reopen the application. I have...
  3. Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?: I own a surface pro 8 on Windows 11 and recently, every time I minimize a window, especially using OneNote or the Mail application, it will close out maybe two seconds after I minimized it. It is not in the taskbar at all and so I have to reopen the application. I have...
  4. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  5. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  6. Apps keep closing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps keep closing.: Hello, When ever I try to open an app and its not on full screen it closed automatically. Like in every 10 second it close. I need help, Thank you for helping. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-closing/dd17706f-58b7-45d0-be7f-4f579b824453
  7. apps keeps closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps keeps closing: hello pls i didnt know what went wrong i just discovered that i couldnt open my start menu, my music application, my microsoft store, and some others like that pls i dont know what to do pls help me...
  8. Photos app restarts on its own

Photos app restarts on its own: I have Windows 10. Lately, for no apparent reason, the Photos app just starts up. I shut it down, and it starts up again. I tried repairing the app, and resetting it, but it keeps occurring. I tried closing everything down completely except a browser, and just looking at...
  9. The PHOTO app on my new HP laptop keeps closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The PHOTO app on my new HP laptop keeps closing: I have a new hp lap laptop running windows 10. I have made 3 music videos with photos, I am trying to create a new photo album for my son however it just closes after I click on create now, NO warnings come up or error messages just literally closes as soon as I go to create...
  10. Photo app closes

Photo app closes: The windows 10 photo app crashes after being up for 10 to 15 seconds. If an individual picture is loaded it works fine. If I go to View collection it crashes or closes in a few seconds. I have two computers and both do the same thing. I have tried to restore my library but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos app keeps closing

2. microsoft 10 photos app closing on its own

3. why my photos app keeps closing on its own

4. photos keeps closing,
  5. photo app keeps closing,
  6. windows 10 photo gallery keeps closing down