Windows 10: My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have...

Discus and support My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I get my Photos app to start working again? It crashes every time I try to open it, goes to black screen in app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Barbara Abb1, Jan 26, 2023.

1. My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have...

How can I get my Photos app to start working again? It crashes every time I try to open it, goes to black screen in app.

:)

Barbara Abb1, Jan 26, 2023

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Microsoft Photo's crashing/black screen

As of the last several days Microsoft Photo's app has randomly crashed upon open. I can use it to open and view dozens of photos, and randomly it will fail and crash. I go to open a photo and I get a black screen for a minute or two, and then it crashes.

I have tried to reset and reinstall photos.

I have tried reinstalling my graphics drivers completely

I have tried rebooting

I have tried checking for windows and app updates

None of these attempts have succeeded. I do not have any viruses or malware on the device. Everything else is working perfectly.

ScottBrady86, Jan 26, 2023
  4. My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have...

Photos - black screen

Photos opens as black screen, uninstall option grayed out. Tried repair ;and troubleshooter just tired loading for a couple of hours. It is not listed in store apps.

Has it been discontinued? is there a replacement.

If I open a photo, that opens the app and I have imported the latest photos taken.

Regard

Martin Nicol

MartinNicol, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have...

1. My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have... - Similar Threads - Photos app keeps

2. I am having an issue with my Settings App, Every time I try to upload a photo into a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue with my Settings App, Every time I try to upload a photo into a...: How do I stop Settings App from appearing every time I try to add something photo, or document? I click on the X of Settings App sometimes twice a duplicate appears. That will shut it down and I can continue on with my task. But, I have never had this problem before.Thank you...
  3. I am having an issue with my Settings App, Every time I try to upload a photo into a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having an issue with my Settings App, Every time I try to upload a photo into a...: How do I stop Settings App from appearing every time I try to add something photo, or document? I click on the X of Settings App sometimes twice a duplicate appears. That will shut it down and I can continue on with my task. But, I have never had this problem before.Thank you...
  4. My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have...

My Photos app keeps crashing going to black screen every time I try to open it. Must have...: How can I get my Photos app to start working again? It crashes every time I try to open it, goes to black screen in app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-app-keeps-crashing-going-to-black-screen/235bb75b-94e3-4d0c-b75d-9962b4bdfdd4
  5. Microsoft Photo App Will Keep Pictures Displayed, Must Open Every Time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App Will Keep Pictures Displayed, Must Open Every Time!: Microsoft Photo App Will Keep Pictures Displayed, Must Open Every Time! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-will-keep-pictures-displayed/a554e161-21af-4e85-8e49-53b5b07b42d3
  6. Microsoft Photo App Will Keep Pictures Displayed, Must Open Every Time!

Microsoft Photo App Will Keep Pictures Displayed, Must Open Every Time!: Microsoft Photo App Will Keep Pictures Displayed, Must Open Every Time! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-will-keep-pictures-displayed/a554e161-21af-4e85-8e49-53b5b07b42d3
  7. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  8. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  9. Photos App opens with black screen

Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  10. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.: I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC, it wouldn't open again. Then one of my Steam Games "Witcher 3" was not opening, attempted to reinstall, works fine now. But...