Windows 10: My photos have disappeared since the last update. How can I get them back?

Discus and support My photos have disappeared since the last update. How can I get them back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I get them back? I tried deleting the update. Didn't work. Anyone know how to restore to a previous timeline on Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BettyFenn, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BettyFenn Win User

My photos have disappeared since the last update. How can I get them back?

How can I get them back? I tried deleting the update. Didn't work.

Anyone know how to restore to a previous timeline on Windows 10?

:)

BettyFenn, Dec 4, 2019

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Pictures disappearing from Windows Photo Album

Hi,

It seems the photos could've disappeared because of a corruption in the application. To address this issue, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter to scan and fix for any issues within the Photos app. To run the troubleshooter, refer to this

link

You may also try creating a new user profile to see if this is just an issue within the current user profile. Check the links below on how to create a user account.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 4, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done My photos have disappeared since the last update.  How can I get them back? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. My photos have disappeared since the last update. How can I get them back? - Similar Threads - photos disappeared since

2. Why did the last update delete my files? How can I get them back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did the last update delete my files? How can I get them back?: I am an engineering student. Most of the lessons I've downloaded are now lost because of an update, without any warning.I find uncomfortable and disturbing the whole OneDrive system, even the desktop is not the same, and this happened twice in a row. I'd now expect at least...
  3. Why did the last update delete my files? How can I get them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the last update delete my files? How can I get them back?: I am an engineering student. Most of the lessons I've downloaded are now lost because of an update, without any warning.I find uncomfortable and disturbing the whole OneDrive system, even the desktop is not the same, and this happened twice in a row. I'd now expect at least...
  4. Why did the last update delete my files? How can I get them back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?: I opened my computer and every photo is gone. Downloads, drawings, photos, everything. All other files are still there but the folders the photos were in are even gone. The computer hadn't restarted, and no new applications installed, no updates either. Why did this happen...
  6. All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?

All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?: I opened my computer and every photo is gone. Downloads, drawings, photos, everything. All other files are still there but the folders the photos were in are even gone. The computer hadn't restarted, and no new applications installed, no updates either. Why did this happen...
  7. "Move" button disappeared since my last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Move" button disappeared since my last update: Moving files between flash drives or folders in my computer is very important to me. Since the last Windows update in January, the Move button disappeared and it is causing me a lot problem and wasting my time. Somebody please, help me on how to find the Move button or how to...
  8. Since the last update from Microsoft---ALL MY PHOTOS went to JPG code. How do I get them...

Since the last update from Microsoft---ALL MY PHOTOS went to JPG code. How do I get them...: since the last update from Microsoft---ALL MY PHOTOS went to JPG code. How do I get them back to pictures * Original title: photos * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. my documents have disappeared - how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my documents have disappeared - how to get them back: After a brief down time for pc internet provider all my documents disappeared. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-have-disappeared-how-to-get-them-back/696c9a65-ab6b-4984-8f02-fa4bb1db9f20"
  10. Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?: Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get-them/e90d337e-33ca-4209-b434-a1af9d0c94ef