Windows 10: My photos will not open in file explorer.

Discus and support My photos will not open in file explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My photos will not open in file explorer started lst week. Just shows the standard photo logo. Why would it have stopped suddenly?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bebops mom, Jun 1, 2020.

1. My photos will not open in file explorer.

My photos will not open in file explorer started lst week. Just shows the standard photo logo. Why would it have stopped suddenly?

:)

bebops mom, Jun 1, 2020

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! My photos will not open in file explorer. :)

justinmreina, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer is Extremely Slow to Open Photo Files

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer now seems to be running slower. However, it is extremely slow to open photo files compared to when I was running Windows 7. When I click to open a JPEG file / photo file in Windows 10, File
    Explorer goes into a (not responding) message. It will stay in the not resonding mode for at least 30 seconds to a minute. Then the photo will appear and File Explorer will allow for it to be deleted, moved, copied etc. This makes opening and managing photos
    extremely frustrating. I have been searching the internet for a fix. There appear to be a number of suggestions and fixes out there but nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Retrob3270, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My photos will not open in file explorer.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

My photos will not open in file explorer.

1. My photos will not open in file explorer. - Similar Threads - photos open file

2. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  3. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  4. my files wont open in files explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my files wont open in files explorer: Hi microsoftMy files are not opening in the files explorer ,, i use windows 10 . it shows that its a file system error for all the files i have opened ,, it used to open before Pls fix my problem...
  5. my files wont open in files explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my files wont open in files explorer: Hi microsoftMy files are not opening in the files explorer ,, i use windows 10 . it shows that its a file system error for all the files i have opened ,, it used to open before Pls fix my problem...
  6. my files wont open in files explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to open or copy photos from iPhone with File Explorer or Photos app

Unable to open or copy photos from iPhone with File Explorer or Photos app: Since early August 2021 I'm unable to view photos on the iPhone with Windows photo app or windows file explorer. I can see the thumbnails on the computer but they won't open or let me save them to the PC. Have been copying photos from phone to pc for years without trouble....
  8. File Explorer and photos

File Explorer and photos: I'm usually good with this sorta stuff but I cant figure this out: How do I make my pictures from file explorer open in Photos? I've tried pressing the open in thing but photos is not showing, I also tried looking in settings on the photos app....
  9. Photos on File Explorer

Photos on File Explorer: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  10. File Explorer / Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer / Photos: Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same...