Windows 10: my photos

Discus and support my photos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My photos are gone after update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos/037e30d2-c262-4287-a14f-345ada5127c3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarolLitchfield, Sep 21, 2020.

1. my photos

My photos are gone after update.

:)

CarolLitchfield, Sep 21, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done my photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 21, 2020
  4. my photos

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

my photos

1. my photos - Similar Threads - photos

2. Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos: I want to make a video that contains 4 photos, 4 related items of text with my music playing throughout about 4 minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos/448d3aa1-344b-466a-af62-f113d09a5c44
  3. Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor

Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor: I use the built-in Windows 10 video editor in the Photos app, and I quite like it, but I have one problem... On practically every video I export, it always has around a minute of the video completely frozen from a random part of the video. I also notice that it normally...
  4. I am trying to import my photos from my iDevices to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to import my photos from my iDevices to Windows 10 PC: I am trying to import my photos and videos from my iPad 7th Generation; iOS 14.1 and my iPhone 8 Plus; iOS 14.1 using the 'Photos' app and it consistently tells me that "Something went wrong... Your files might not have been imported." I check my destination folders I have...
  5. photos

photos: my photos don't respond like when i open the app nothing happens i can't click on or open or do anything on the app and there's a one drive on the x for the app don't know where that came from and it doesn't do away either...
  6. Logitech C920 takes photos but won't record video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech C920 takes photos but won't record video: In the Windows 10 camera app, I can take photos (and documents and whiteboards) but it won't record video. The computer is getting a perfect moving picture from the camera, but when I select "take video" the image freezes and it won't record. Has anyone else experienced...
  7. pictures are disappearing from photos and leaving blank squares with jpg number codes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pictures are disappearing from photos and leaving blank squares with jpg number codes: pictures are disappearing from photos and leaving blank squares with jpg number codes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-are-disappearing-from-photos-and-leaving/1d605a81-1539-4cfb-99b5-9c0bb9786fe9
  8. Why is Photo viewer for Windows 10 so broken?

Why is Photo viewer for Windows 10 so broken?: I have folders full of photos taken from my phone. All I wish to do is simply look through the photos and delete those I don't want. Since windows 10 this simple task is impossible, which is why I have a backlog of thousands of photos. I can only do a few at a time and it's...
  9. How can I change the location that photos video editor backs up my files?

How can I change the location that photos video editor backs up my files?: I find that video editor on windows 10 automatically saves the video and image files for a project in a folder called 'Saved Pictures' in my pictures file on my laptop. I don't want it to do this, as I have my pictures folder automatically backing up to Google photos. My...
  10. microsoft photos and store problem

microsoft photos and store problem: MY MICROSOFT PHOTOS WAS WORKING SLOWLY AND SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING AND AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED FROM THE APPS ALTHOUGH VISIBLE IN START MENU BUT NOT OPENING AND WHEN OPEN MICROSOFT STORE FOR HELP FIND THERE WAS AN INSTALL OPTION FOR PHOTOS AND WHEN I CLICK ON THE OPTION IT...