Windows 10: My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

Discus and support My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShreynikChheda, Mar 7, 2022.

1. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279

:)

ShreynikChheda, Mar 7, 2022
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 7, 2022
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Touch keybard lang switch OK physical keyboard NOK

Hi there

Adding non UK keyboard and input method works for Touch keyboard but seems to get ignored on physical USB keyboard (wireless).
    (Build 9926). Worked fine in previous build.

Typing or mouse clicking on the ISL on screen keyboard types letters etc in ISL. Using an ISL USB keyboard text remains in GB English (default) .

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 7, 2022
  4. JB007 Win User

My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

touch screen keyboard

I have an old tablet pc, motion computing C5. When I click the keyboard button in the taskbar,
    the touch screen keyboard comes up. Problem is its the handwriting option, not the default qwerty keyboard.
    any ideas how to get it back to the default???

I want this when I click the touch screen keyboard button in the taskbar:

My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working... [​IMG]

But instead I get this as the default:

My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working... [​IMG]

And it won't remember they last keyboard I used My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working... :(

JB007, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

1. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working... - Similar Threads - physical keyboard working

2. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My physical and screen keyboard are not working…: I woke up and randomly my physical and screen keyboard both stopped working, whenever I try to type something a random page opens, I tried everything I could find online for the past 2 hours and nothing worked. Please help...
  3. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My physical and screen keyboard are not working…: I woke up and randomly my physical and screen keyboard both stopped working, whenever I try to type something a random page opens, I tried everything I could find online for the past 2 hours and nothing worked. Please help...
  4. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  6. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  7. I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible: help me I can't get my touch screen off and my physical keyboard to work instead. what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-physical-or-standard-keyboard-to/fa479784-9c6c-4c42-b31c-26de9713b267
  8. I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible: help me I can't get my touch screen off and my physical keyboard to work instead. what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-physical-or-standard-keyboard-to/fa479784-9c6c-4c42-b31c-26de9713b267
  9. My physical keyboard is not working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My physical keyboard is not working!: I turned on my computer and started typing in my password and the black dots didn't appear in the login box. At this time I'm using my on screen keyboard to to do all function that my physical keyboard use to do. l did a restart, looked at many UTUBE videos to fix the...
  10. Touch screen KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch screen KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: Hi i have a dell touch screen and recently i have found the touch screen keyboard does not pop up even when i click on the keyboard icon on the windows task tray can u help with a fix...