Windows 10: My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10

Discus and support My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what do I have to do to get my pictures subfolders to show picture, not icon?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SethWinner, Aug 11, 2020.

1. My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10

what do I have to do to get my pictures subfolders to show picture, not icon?

:)

SethWinner, Aug 11, 2020
  2. ShernieL Win User

Picture icons not showing in Windows10

I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10. The picture icons in File Explorer are not showing. If I change to a different size icon, sometimes 1 or 2 pictures will show. If I change again to another size icon, a couple different icons will show - never
    the same as the previous size.

I have followed suggestions I found online.

One suggestion to do a disk cleanup worked, then the next day, the icons were gone again.

Can anybody help me?

Thank-you in advance.

ShernieL, Aug 11, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10

File explorer will not show my pictures

File explorer will not show my picture, but shows icons of the program that they're in. I've tried several suggestions, but none have worked for me. This happened after the latest anniversary update on Windows 10. I need to see my pictures instead of icons.
    Please help.

djane515_54, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10

1. My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10 - Similar Threads - Picture files show

2. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  3. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  4. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Icons to Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures in File Explorer: In Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 and in File Explorer I would like to see the actual pictures and not just the icons when I open a folder that has either some form of jpeg or video. Ive tried to look through the Tutorials and cannot seem to find the correct one to fix...
  6. Desktop icons not showing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  7. Picture Icons Windows 10

Picture Icons Windows 10: I use "Photos" to open pictures in Windows 10. In the bottom left hand corner of every picture icon there is a big green check mark. How can I remove them?[IMG] over each icon. Is there a way to remove them?...
  8. Picture File Icons

Picture File Icons: I have created a file folder to put my pictures in. Each picture in the file is displayed as an icon instead of the actual picture. This is a change from when I upgraded to windows 10. Now I can't figure out how to change the view of the icon to the picture....
  9. Picture icons not showing in Windows10

Picture icons not showing in Windows10: I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10. The picture icons in File Explorer are not showing. If I change to a different size icon, sometimes 1 or 2 pictures will show. If I change again to another size icon, a couple different icons will show - never the same as the...
  10. Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures): Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures) I have tried every "fix" that I can find by google and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10. One site said Windows 10 is known for doing this. I tried clearing the cache. I made sure that the...