Windows 10: My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as...

Discus and support My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as the icon. How can I get them back? The option 'Always show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by K007z, Jul 4, 2019.

1. K007z Win User

My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as...

My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as the icon. How can I get them back? The option 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' in control panel is unchecked. Sometimes they show as thumbnails, then when I rename them they turn into icons (or vice versa). This is incredibly confusing and frustrating.

:)

K007z, Jul 4, 2019

2. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails.

Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon.

This makes it almost impossible to quickly find specific pictures as each file must be opened to identify the picture content.

Suggestions on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

PeterMalkin, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jul 4, 2019
  4. enso Win User

My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as...

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as... - Similar Threads - Picture folder shows

2. can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.: I would like to see the pictures as they used to show. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-pictures-in-my-folders-only-thumbnails/18aec8d4-7bce-42d6-a2fa-8037001a81ca
  3. can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.: I would like to see the pictures as they used to show. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-pictures-in-my-folders-only-thumbnails/18aec8d4-7bce-42d6-a2fa-8037001a81ca
  4. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  5. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  6. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  8. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  9. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  10. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...