Windows 10: My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm...

Discus and support My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Usually you can find previous uses pictures on the picture choice page and they are not there. No picture files and no document files and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SheliaGilmore, May 26, 2019.

1. My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm...

Usually you can find previous uses pictures on the picture choice page and they are not there.

No picture files and no document files and no downloads. Mu screen login is different and I did not make changes.

:)

SheliaGilmore, May 26, 2019

2. Unable to Locate Pictures and Desk-top Icons after the Windows 10 'Upgrade'

After the Windows 10 update performed a lobotomy on my desk-top computer, I cannot find the thousands of pictures on my hard-drive when I click on "Pictures" on "This PC". How can I recover them? Also, there were dozens of documents on my desk-top before
    the lobotomy- they are now gone. How do I recover them and replace them on my desk-top? Please help! Thank you!

Dr.JohnPatella, May 26, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm...

Picture files gone missing

Hi,

One potential reason why your picture files went missing is due to a system file corruption. Let's analyze some details to address this accordingly. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you remember making any hardware or software changes on your device before this issue occurred?
    • Do you have other user accounts added on the PC? If yes, reproduce the issue by verifying if you encounter the same thing using another profile.
    • What procedures have you done so far to rectify the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest using the File History to locate and restore these pictures. This tool automatically backs up versions of your files that can aid in restoring your lost data. See this article: File
    History in Window
    s
    for the procedures. The steps on the link hold the same in Windows 10.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 26, 2019
Thema:

My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm...

1. My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm... - Similar Threads - pictures documenmts are

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. My background picture has gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    My background picture has gone: Hello! The picture I have as my background has gone. If I open personalisation the picture shows it also shows in theme, but not on the screen. The screen is black with the icons on it. I can't find a way of getting my picture back. Any ideas, please? I'm running Win10...
  5. how do I move my pictures from my fire tablet to my desk top ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I move my pictures from my fire tablet to my desk top ?: I have a fire tablet . I need to move my pictures from my tablet to my desk top Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-my-pictures-from-my-fire-tablet-to/20933c68-d982-4ab1-a641-44efaeec5ffa
  6. how to get picture clear on the desk top background

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get picture clear on the desk top background: how to get back ground desk top to be clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-picture-clear-on-the-desk-top/8d80a087-0ae2-4eee-8287-5660cfb2fa97
  7. Missing folder (My Pictures)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folder (My Pictures): I have just bought a new PC and installed all my folders and contents (Music, Photographs, Downloads and Documents etc). Recently after a Windows update I lost my 'My Picture' folder will all 650gb of my photographs (my main hobby) which was placed into my D: drive. Any...
  8. My pictures are gone from one drive

My pictures are gone from one drive: I used to have sll my pictures in one drive. They disappeared snd now i cant see one drive where it was . Itx gone too. Sll this happened bc i switched to firefox and that i believe is shst micro foesnt want us to do!! Edge was burning up my fan and i have no viruses. I...
  9. My Pictures, photos gone awol!

My Pictures, photos gone awol!: Just turned on my new laptop (already messed up by March updates to the tune of having to pay 130euros to get it 'fixed') now I can't access my pictures/photos on my computer!!! So that means 17 years of photos copied to new laptop gone awol?? Anyone else encountered this...
  10. my pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pictures: all of my pictures have some how became 5 second videos ,or being played ( viewed as one . after 5 seconds the video ends and my picture goes away leaving me with a blank video player image.. I go to pictures , select one , click on it and window media player comes up plays...