Windows 10: My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied

Discus and support My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Wanted to do a restore but there only 4 restore points going back to april 1st. also it was telling me that I could lose my password and some recently... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dhusband, Apr 17, 2016.

1. dhusband Win User

My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied

Wanted to do a restore but there only 4 restore points going back to april 1st. also it was telling me that I could lose my password and some recently installed apps would be affected. Do you know of anyway to gain access without a restore. I'm the administrator on the computer. I copied picture from my external hard drive and pasted it in the My pics folder and got the message that there pics with the same name and did I want to replace them.... I selected replace and it pasted them in but I still have no access.

Please help if possible

:)

dhusband, Apr 17, 2016
  2. Patti Fox Win User

Picture folder missing after window 10 upgrade

I too am having difficulty locating my pictures after the windows 10 upgrade...I found the folder "My Pictures" in

windows.old but denied access to the folder.

Patti Fox, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Folders not visible after upgrade to 1511

Thanks for the suggestion. When I try this, on pressing "Restore Default" to the empty Documents folder in "My PC" it tells me that it intends to relocate the folder from C:\Users\{user name}\OneDrive\Documents to C:\Users\{user name}\Documents
    but on clicking OK it reports back "Access Denied".

What this is telling me is that the empty Documents folder under "My PC" is actually a OneDrive folder - in contrast, the Pictures, Videos, Download folders under "My PC" are
    not OneDrive. I'd assumed that the empty Documents folder was a C:\ folder not a OneDrive folder so that's an interesting observation.

Is there any way of pinning C:\Users\{user name}\Document to "My PC"?

london20000, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 18, 2016
  5. dhusband Win User
    Thanks Brink

I successfully added takeown /F but I still have the problem... I notice now, that it is the music, pictures and video folders, and while all other folders look like little manilla folders these three do not and have an arrow on them as if they're short cuts. No clue here how that may have happened. The msg box reads "Location is not available" at the top, and then in the middle the {path to my pics} followed by "is not accessable" and finally at the bottom it says "access denied"

What could I have done to have caused this

dhusband, Apr 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You'll also need to set permissions for the folder to "Allow" your account "Full control".

Permissions - Allow or Deny Access to Users and Groups in Windows 8

The "My Pictures" folder is a shortcut in your Documents folder. Where is the "My Pictures" folder actually located at? That's what you need to take ownership and set permissions for.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied - Similar Threads - Pictures Folder Tells

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  4. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: I am trying to delete a folder from my computer but I get the message"You require permission from DESKTOP-K80A0CS\prboy_ikch6mt to make changes to this folder" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/6400ade0-f3f4-4a12-9ca8-1c6a8fc42e0c
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  7. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  8. folder access denied

folder access denied: Quand j'essaie d'ouvrir certains dossiers il m'est impossible d’accéder car je reçois le message "Vous ne disposez pas des autorisations requises pour accéder a ce dossier"...
  9. Folder Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder Access Denied: I recently tried to change my Username from the default first five letters of my email address by following one of Shawn Brinks tutorials. After three or four failed attempts I gave up and am stuck with the default which is C:\ User\grtat. I will probably return to that in...
  10. Windows 10 is denying me access to my Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is denying me access to my Pictures folder: I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago. I have a folder with many sub folders for my pictures. Every time I try to open one of the folders it tells me that access is denied and to click Continue to gain access. I click continue and it comes back and tells me that that I...